Home Sweet Home

Brian and I arrived home at 1:30 yesterday afternoon, and it's wonderful to be back. You take so many things for granted until you don't have them for 8 days! I had gotten pretty comfortable at the hospital so I'm surprised at how worn out and sore I am after very little activity, but my mom and dad are here to take care good care of me and between them and Brian (who is quite over protective), I have absolutely nothing to do but rest, read books to Rory, and play with my new iPad.

I really want to upload my pictures from the last week or so, but it feels like a big job and I only have energy for small jobs at this point so here are a few pictures that Becky took for me last week.


040711_1

William and Xavier (in their super cute scrubs to match their daddy) and Rory
040711_2

All the cousins with my brother who was superman and stayed home with all the kids during my surgery day. It totally cracked me up to learn that they were all standing in different corners in time out when my mom and Becky arrived home that night. Seriously, 4 kids for about 10 hours - he's definitely superman.
040711_3

Comments

Ann Kelle said…
Welcome home! So glad you're back at home. There's nothing like your own bed:)
Elizabeth Frick said…
SOOOOO happy to see you posting from home! I can't even imagine how wonderful it must feel. You have such a fabulous family that is treating you so well... as you deserve!
I'm sure Rory and Camden are so glad to have their mama home :)
M :-) said…
Welcome home! After my surgeries I was always so anxious to get home, but the first few days were always a bit rough. I think we tend to try and do too much when we're not trapped in a hospital room. Take it easy and rest! :)

I am laughing out loud at the image of all four kids standing in different corners. Too funny! Kudos to your brother for watching all of them. :)

(((hugs)))
Wendy said…
Welcome Home Melissa!! What an awesome brother you have! :) All four in different time out corners has me seriously chuckling! lol!!
Anonymous said…
I am SO glad that you are home and doing well and that you have such a sweet loving husband to take care of you! I am keeping you in my thoughts, you are amazing!

xoxo
Karen said…
Welcome home!!
Sawicki4 said…
Welcome Home!
Hi Melissa! I am a fellow AP and a fellow southerner (I am in Birmingham). Elizabeth Frick is a mutual friend of ours. I just wanted to let you know that I will be following along on your family's journey and praying for you!!
Anonymous said…
Yay for Becky, Matt, Brian, and our wonderful Lord!
YOU take care!
Love, Gma E
Krista said…
I'm so happy you are home! I'm sure you will be much more comfortable there, and won't be exposed to surprise skin like in the hospital ;)
Amanda said…
I'm so glad you are home Melissa, and good to see the pics - you and Becky have mad photography skills! So glad you have the blessings of such wonderful family around you to help out! Keep resting and taking care of yourself, and I will continue to pray for your battle!
Amanda said…
So glad you are home!!
Grace said…
how cute is rory in those giraffe pants?! love it!
welcome home!! love this post and the story of the kids in the four corners had me seriously laughing out loud. superman for sure!
Brenna said…
Your family is such a blessing! So glad you are home now where you can be with the ones you love and they can pamper you. Praying for you daily~
I can't even tell you how happy I am to see you at home! YAY!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel