Tuesday's Tidbits

Thursday before my doctor's appointment, all I could think about was what should I wear to see an oncologist. How stupid is that!

When Rory can't hear the TV, she asks me if I can "turn it up just a tap." 

Rory spent most of the morning yesterday playing outside by herself. She was hilarious to watch as she played school, gymnastics, baseball, etc. It was really funny when she went inside and put her Supergirl costume on over her clothes and then headed back outside to continue playing (see pictures below).

My mom headed home first thing this morning so this is my first day alone. We loved having her here and she was an enormous help, but I'm also glad for a couple of weeks of normal schedule before chemo starts.

While I was still in the hospital, Brian told the kids that I had cancer. Rory paused and said, "Well. This is serious. This is an emergency." Camden responded in a very sweet way and immediately referenced a Bible story that gave an example of how to respond in a tough situation. It was precious.

I smelled this Philosophy set in Sephora on Saturday, and it is amazing. I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and I just might have to pull it out.

Rory and I were both up until after 2:30 last night. She has a cold and laid in bed whining/crying because her nose is stuffy for hours. She doesn't have a fever or a cough. I am very sorry she doesn't feel well, but what I wanted to yell tell her is that if she would Just.Stop.The whining/crying, her stuffy nose wouldn't be nearly so bad. She is SUCH girl when it comes to the being way too emotional department. A nap is most definitely in our future.

And speaking of colds, for obvious reasons it would be best for me to not catch Rory's. However, my constant sneezing this morning is probably a good indication it's too late for that.

041911_1

I kind of love this picture.
041911_2

Update: Rory just got up at 8:30, and still no fever (which is good!). Now how in the heck do I convince her that sobbing does not do anything to make her feel better.


Comments

Joy said…
How adorable is Rory in that outfit! My niece gave Sumner the exact same one over spring break. She wears it - every single day. Hopefully we can get our "supergirls" together to play this summer!! Hope you are both feeling better soon!!
Grace said…
rory is SO adorable in her supergirl outfit!!! she is just the cutest and i love hearing her little sayings!
Barbara said…
That is a beautiful picture of Rory! I hope you have two wonderful healthy weeks before chemo!
I kind of love that picture too. Amazing shot Melissa!

And your list, yet again, is hysterical... how come your kids never fail to crack me up?!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Oh my goodness, the supergirl costume is a stitch! I love about the final photo that her hair is all tousled like she's been playing REALLY hard :)
Your kids' responses to the news of your cancer made my heart stop. You know you've got some of the sweetest children ever, right?
And for goodness sake, woman, buy yourself the Philosophy set from Sephora!!! :)
Wendy said…
Enjoyed all your "tidbits"! I kind of love that photo of Rory as well....TOO CUTE! Hope that cold stays far away from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel