Thank You Isn't Enough

People have been extraordinarily kind to our family in the last few weeks since my surgery. There hasn't been a day that I haven't received cards in the mail, phone calls, and emails with encouraging words. Many have sent money, gift cards, or gifts for Camden and Rory.

But yesterday topped it all. We received an enormous box from a group of my fellow adoptive parents who read my blog and have been friends through our journeys to adopt Camden and Rory. We have shared tears and triumphs through our adoption forum as well as our own personal blogs. Out of the 58 families who participated in this gift, I've only met two of them in person, but every single one of them has felt like a friend over the years. We are just overwhelmed with their generosity. There were gift cards for me, Willow Tree Angels, hair bows for Rory, bath stuff, books, a prayer shawl, and many, many other goodies, as well as a large check. The kids are just over the moon with excitement over their stickers, books, Wii game, Fancy Nancy and Star Wars items. Really, I just don't have enough words to say thank you, but there's nothing else I can say except thank you to Melissa, Melody, Claire, Jill, Kimberly, Allison, Christine B., Kelly, Tara, Julie P., Chelle, Jolie, Carrie, Heather, Tracy, Elizabeth, Christine L., Carla, Rebeca W., Christa, Erin, Laura, Adriana, Jill B., Cheryl, Teresa, Michelle, Laurie, Stephanie C., Rebekah, Amy, Heidi, Beth, Denise, Michelle B., Mandy, Jessica, Gloria, Kathy, Jean, Steph, Katie, Jennifer, Joy, Janel, Miranda, Jodi, Stacy, Amy D., Lisa W., Gina, Jennifer, Julie R., Kimberly, Lisa F., Felicity, Lee, and Kristin.

And a special thank you to Melissa who did such a great job shopping and then mailing this enormous box to us!

041611_4

041611_3


041611_1

And this just cracked me up. Camden lined up all his stuff so he could look at it better. :)
041611_2

Comments

Missy said…
Melissa, that is sooo sweet of your adoption friends. Isn't it amazing the bong we all share? You are an amazing lady who is loved by so many. My prayers are with you daily. You are never far from my thoughts. Stay well, my friend!
You are so, so welcome!! I wish I was there to help out in person. Please know I continue to lift you up in prayer on a daily basis. Blessings to you and that precious family!
Missy said…
Oh my word, I didn't mean to write "bong"...... I meant "bond!"

OH MY!!! Oops!!! :)
Jolie said…
I am SO happy that the gift made EVERYONE so happy!! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. ANd a GREAT big THANK YOU to Melissa L. for putting it all together!! <3
Melissa said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
heidi said…
:) I know I helped contribute, but it still brings tears to my eyes that everyone has shared so much with you. You have touched so many lives though your honest day to day blogging, and you deserve all the help you can get! So, you're welcome. :)
M :-) said…
I love the pictures! The boys are going to love seeing Camden holding up his Wii game. :)

Enjoy everything! I had so much fun putting everything together for you and your precious family.
M :-) said…
... did you like all of my "This Side Up" and "Fragile" obsessive labeling on ALL SIDES of the box?! LOL! I was convinced that UPS was going to destroy the box, so I'm happy to see that it arrived to you in one piece. ;)
Joy said…
So happy it brightened your day!! We love you guys so much!! Hope you enjoy all of it. Wish we could do more.

A big thanks to Melissa for shopping and getting it shipped and Becky to taking the photos!!
Lindsey Carney said…
That is AWESOME! Nothing like the connection you have with others that have adopted and stood along side you the whole way! Praying for you.
Anonymous said…
This makes my day to see you all so happy! We're so glad you enjoyed everything, I also wish I could be there in person to help. Praying for you daily, sweet friend!
digiscrapthat said…
Melissa, you are in our prayers daily for a complete recovery! It's so touching to know that our gifts, no matter how big or small, brightened your day. You are an inspiration and I love reading your blog every day. May God continue to bless you and your family!

Jen
Sharon said…
I just wanted to let you know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. You have a beautiful family!
Blessings,
Sharon
Elizabeth Frick said…
You are so, so loved. :)
Jackie said…
Ya know, I just wrote on FB how my Spring Break started out awfully because my son woke up with pain in his eye. I then came to read your site, and I feel stupid. You never know how good you have it until you see someone with so much positive energy, and just beautiful inside and out. You are such a brave, special person and God has a special plan for you -- I know it! Wishing you all the best!

Jackie aka familyoffive on Holt boards
M said…
SO happy to see the box arrived safely to your home, Melissa. I am grateful to be one small part of a huge group of folks who think the world of you and are here to support you and your family. Continuing to lift y'all up in prayer...

Thanks to Melissa L for putting this all together. =)
You deserve this... and so much more. :-)

Melissa L did AWESOME. :-)
Wendy said…
You are surrounded by so much love!! :) WONDERFUL!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel