Progress

Well, unfortunately, Melissa is still not quite up to blogging, so you have to put up with me (Becky) again.  While I am not nearly as witty as Melissa is, at least I bring news, so I am hoping for a few blogging points for that!

Melissa is definitely making progress for which we are all so thankful.  She has been able to get up the last two days, sit in a chair, and go on 'marathon' walks around the 'block' of hospital rooms.  While these seem to be fairly simple tasks, they are quite an adventure after undergoing major abdominal surgery.  She wanted me to make sure and thank everyone so much for the many comments, emails, and Facebook messages. She has been able to be on the computer a little bit and has even started a blog post, but focusing on the computer combined with the morphine is kind of making her go cross eyed, so understandably, she has passed on the blogging.  

I will say that I know she must be feeling better today because when I arrived and pulled out my camera, she asked for it and produced this masterpiece:

swab

These are two very important things in her life these last few days--chapstick and a sponge swab thing that has allowed her to wipe the inside of her mouth with the slightest bit of cold water.  Because of her surgery, she has been unable to eat or drink and these two things have helped her stay sane.

She also took some pictures of some beautiful flowers that she has received, but my eyes are crossing at the moment and so I am going to pass on editing and posting and just hit publish.  She continues to feel everyone's prayers for her and her family and appreciates everyone's thoughts and messages.  Hopefully, she will feel up to posting soon!

Comments

Joy said…
Becky, thank you so much for the updates!! Leave it to Melissa to be a photographic genius while laying in a hospital bed! : ). Hope everyday keeps getting better. Praying for you all!
Great to read this update and that Melissa is getting up and around a bit! Thanks for posting it Becky! Please pass on our continued prayers and well wishes to Melissa as she recovers.
Randi Oh said…
I've not stopped thinking, praying, sending healing thoughts to Melissa and family since I heard the news this afternoon. Becky your posts are appreciated! I've been waiting for more news. I'm thrilled to see a photograph by Melissa. I'm hoping eating and drinking is able to happen soon! Melissa you have always been inspiring whether through your words, photos or layouts - and now through this - to the other side - healing. My prayers and those from my family continue to go up!
Mayme said…
I think posting while on Morphine could prove to be very interesting if no revealing!

You all remain in our constant thoughts and prayers. We love you all so much!

I hope you get something to drink really soon.
Anonymous said…
Through smiles AND TEARS, I'm surprised anyone can read comments made by me and other wellwishers.;)
You all are soooooo loved and prayed for.
Gma Elledge
Elizabeth Frick said…
Becky, thank you so much for the update on Melissa's progress! She has been on my mind and in my heart every single day. I'm so hopeful for better days all the time!
Laura said…
So glad to see an update! I am sure Melissa is ready to get home to her own bed! A few more days there though, right? My family and I will continue to pray for the entire family. I am so glad to read about great progress toward healing!
Laura said…
I have checked the blog so many times the last few days hoping for an update! So glad to see one! It sounds like good progress happening. Melissa, please know that we are praying for you and your family constantly. Hopefully you will be home in your own bed soon!
Kelly said…
Thank you for the update...so many of us are going thru our everyday moments but you are never far from our hearts and minds...so glad to hear that you are up and moving around...I hope you can feel our support with every step!
Kelly
quatregarçons said…
I was so glad to see an update today! I've been faithfully returning to your blog to see how things were progressing. Thanks, Becky, so much for posting in her place. She's very lucky to have you! The picture you guys posted brought me a smile, and gave me a small view of what life is like for her right now.
May the Lord hold you ALL tightly during these days...
Di
KrisJ said…
Thank you for the update! Love the pic Melissa your seriously skilled girl! Keep on getting better!
Amanda said…
I was so glad to see an update. You have been on my heart and mind so much and we have been praying for you all a bunch!! I am so glad to see that you were able to get a picture and work that camera magic. I see that one going down in the Project 365 book! I have been so torn as to whether or not to come by the hospital, just felt this might not be the time for visitors so I thought I would wait till the coming days when you are at home and feeling a little better and maybe needing a scraping buddy!! Please know though, that you have been in the forefront of my thoughts these days and I am praying for you daily!!
Carolee said…
Melissa and Becky you are constantly in my thoughts and I've been praying so hard for you and your family. I hope that everyday gets better for you and that you are home soon.
subgirl said…
Melissa, please know that we hear in NC are praying for you often. You are in our thoughts constantly.Love and prayers being sent your way!
tinetinesmom said…
Thanks for posting Becky. You're doing an excellent job! Glad to hear Melissa is recovering nicely. I love the picture. Those little "green swabby things" are awesome. I just learned about them this year, while visiting some family in the hospital. We'll keep Melissa and her family in our prayers. Thanks again.
Becky, thank you for the update!! I'm not nearly as witty as Melissa either...

Seeing that photo brought tears to my eyes. Nothing speaks louder about Melissa healing than "seeing" her behind the camera... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel