And now you're a happy family?

There's a sweet boy on Camden's baseball team who asks Brian every practice and every game, "so you're Camden's dad?" It's clear that he's noticed that Camden looks a little differently from everyone else, but he doesn't quite know how to process it. Last night we had dugout duty and as I stood in the dugout with this boy waiting to send him "on deck", he looked up at me and said, "so you're Camden's mom?" When I answered yes, he said, "hmmm, he doesn't look like you either. He looks a little bit like a Chinese boy." I told him that Camden was born in Korea, and he said "Oh! So he was born there and then you moved here?" I proceeded to tell him that Camden and Rory were both born in Korea, and when we adopted them, they became a part of our family. He said, "And now you're a happy family?" He was just so curious and interested in my answers, and really very sweet. His parents should be proud; we haven't run across anyone else (who didn't previously know us) whose children were quite so polite about Camden and Rory. Most kids assume they can't speak English, etc. I wish all adoption conversations were this easy!

So Camden's team lost their game last night 17 to 7. Camden took about half the game to come alive and start paying attention (that could be our fault since we went to the wrong ballfield and arrived at the game barely before it started), but did well once he started playing. The parents take turns with dugout duty and we had our turn last night. It was pretty hectic and that hour and a half goes by much more quickly because you're so busy!

Our air conditioner stopped working yesterday morning, and I'm hoping we'll be able to get someone to come look at it today. I don't do well in a house that is 79 degrees in the coolest room. Is it really only April? Feels like summer already.

I had less than 4 hours of sleep last night and Brian volunteered to run get me an iced coffee to help me survive the morning. I've got to get this sleep thing figured out. I've had trouble sleeping for years, but it's happening on a much more frequent basis the last several months. I'm currently on a streak of 5 straight nights with little sleep. Can I just say that little sleep does nothing for my patience level.

Yesterday Rory was playing with her baby and dressing her, changing her "biapert," and she decided to wanted to fix her hair. She asked for a brush and then kept insisting on a gun. I finally figured out she meant the blow dryer. I guess it kinda looks like a gun.

Credits: here



Comments

Anonymous said…
Last year our air conditioner died in the middle of a heat wave - torture! Good luck and hope you can just get it fixed and not replaced!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel