About the kids

I made a quick trip to Nashville yesterday to run a few errands, and we had church last night. Other than that, it was a pretty boring day. Today Mayme and Emma, Angel and Mason are coming over and tonight is our Esther study. The kids (okay, Camden) have been begging to wear shorts and since it's supposed to be 80 today, they're both decked out in summer outfits.

A few things about the kiddos recently:
  • Rory asks for "The B-i-b-l-e" and "God is So Good" every night at bedtime and has for several months. A new development, however, is the fact that when I sing "The B-i-b-l-e" she sings "God is So Good" and when I switch to "God is So Good" she switches to "The B-i-b-l-e" and just sings over me.
  • Camden surprises me every day with how well he's doing at teaching himself to read, and it's not because I'm a great mother with school every day (cause there's no schoolin' going on here!). I spend alot of time answering questions about how to spell words and he sounds words out for me, tries to read the cereal box, books, TV commercials, etc.
  • Rory has decided that there are "no kisses" at bedtime (except for me, of course). When it comes time to say goodnight, she lets Camden and Brian get as close as possible, then puts her hand over her mouth and screeches "no kisses, no kisses."
  • Rory has also turned back into the social child in the family. She yells hello and how are you's across the parking lot in grocery stories, at the gas station, etc. Of course, for the most part people think she's seriously cute, but occasionally we run across someone who's not feeling so friendly. No worries, though. Rory is quite insistent and will continue to yell hello, then turns and asks me "why they no say hello?" and embarrasses them into being friendly.
  • Camden informed us last night that "home is so soft and comfy and the best place to be."
  • As I mentioned earlier in the week, Camden and Rory have been quite sweet together this week. Lots of giggling and playing together. What's not so sweet is that Rory has decided that Camden absolutely cannot help her with anything. Even when she needs help, and I've asked him to help out. She's never been fond of help from Camden, but this is going to a whole new level, and she screams bloody murder, cries for me, hits, etc. It is quite frustrating, and we've gone round and round this week. I finally decided to start teaching her the scripture, "be kind one to another" and it seems to help a little bit. Well, helps her calm down after the fit anyway.
  • Rory has very good manners - mostly because she's such a copy cat and anything we do, she does. Well, she's recently mastered "yes, ma'am" in all the appropriate places and I must have overdone it on the praise because now every time she says it, she immediately follows it (in a voice about 3 octaves higher than normal), "mommy, I say yes, ma'am!"

Comments

These little things that your kids do never fail to make me smile! Geez - I hope my kid is that humorous! ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)