Welcome Home Again

My brother Matt finally made it home. Poor thing traveled for a full week before arriving, but the good news is that he's home safe and sound for the second time from Iraq. He and my parents are now on their way to Tulsa to be with Becky before her surgery Wednesday. I wish I could be there too!

So a little weekend recap. Camden and I had a little date Friday morning/afternoon, which was fun. We didn't do anything spectacular - just some shopping, lunch, and a milkshake, but it doesn't take much to make 4-year olds happy! Our last stop was at Target where I let him pick out a new puzzle (his new favorite toy), and while the selection wasn't great, he was happy with it and put it together many times over the weekend! It was a 35 piece floor puzzle, and I can't believe how well he does with it.

Saturday was another busy day. Camden had soccer pictures at 10:00 and then the first official, full-length game at 11:00. He had a horrible bloody nose right as the game was about to start so I think he was slightly traumatized by that, but got over it quickly. He did score 2 of the team's 7 goals, which was really fun to watch! Unfortunately, the boy just does not have an aggressive bone in his body and for this competitive mama (and daddy), we're just dying for him to be more competitive. Of course, he's only 4 and I have to keep reminding myself of that. (Little side note here - I'm sure everyone who doesn't know us reading this right now probably thinks we're the worst parents in the world because we want him to be competitive. I know - keep it all in perspective, right?! And he is having a ton of fun and that's what is most important.)

We spent the rest of the day Saturday enjoying the nice weather and catching up on laundry and housework. Well, didn't really enjoy that part of it, but feels good to have it done anyway.

This is Brian's last week at the private school where he is student teaching. Monday he moves on to the elementary school where he hopes to be teaching full-time soon. He's got a job offer to teach at least through May, which is good, but we're hoping that a permanent spot becomes available so we're not in limbo.

I think that's about all the news I've got for today. Hope you were able to enjoy the soccer video from yesterday. Hopefully we'll get this whole quality thing figured out soon, and the videos won't be quite so blurry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel