Good news!

So! We have very good news in the Hale/Lewis/Derby/Lemons family. My youngest sister, Elizabeth, tested negative for the cancer gene! As my dad said, one down, one more to go. I'm really hoping to hear from the doctor about my results this week, but it's already Thursday so we'll just wait and see.
This has been a busy week! Brian is feeling the pressure of being a teacher and preparing lessons while keeping up with family and church obligations. We actually skipped soccer practice Tuesday night just because it was too much (and it was an extra practice anyway). Camden has practice tonight and then his first two games are on Saturday. I can't wait to see how he plays!
We had word from our adoption agency this week that we should be getting very close to a referral (as in maybe the next 3-4 weeks) so I am excited about that. Actually, I am doing my best not to think about it so that I don't go insane wondering if the next phone call will be "the call."
I am now the proud owner of a black cherry chocolate phone. I've never had a cool phone before, but we've been with Verizon so long that when it was time to renew my contract I got it free. And how disappointing that I haven't had one call yet! :) I tried to pull up a picture, but no luck from the Verizon website!
Camden's latest question: "mommy, how do our hairs stay on our head and not fall out?" Such a deep thinker.



Comments

bodegalee said…
Hey Melissa
a HUGE WHOO HOO re: your sister... def saying a huge prayer that you too test neg..... what a majorly stressful time this has been for your family! AND a second huge hooray on referral wait times.....I know you mentioned in one of your posts you've never been a big fan of pink - have to say I NEVER was either and while my dd can be the biggest tomboy she's also the sweetest little one in pink... so suddenly it became a HUGE fav... of course looking at my layouts of late you can see my true fav color - anything blue.. always has been, but having a baby girl makes it easy to love pink! CANT wait to see your announcement layouts :) take care
Leigh
Karen said…
Awesome news about your sister! I hope your results come back (negative!) very soon... I know exactly how hard it is to wait and wonder about those tests! I can't wait to hear about THE CALL. Now you'll have me obsessively checking for your news! It's a bit soon for me to be antsy!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel