Happy Labor Day

Settle in, this might be long! :)

So, Friday I went to the doctor trying to get a sleeping aid. I should tell you that I go to a small doctor's office in a small town because I've been trying to avoid heading back into Nashville if I'm sick. It's just easier to drive 10 minutes instead of 45. I've never been all that thrilled with the service there - it's usually a good 60-90 wait, they just hand out a ton of drugs, and I've been misdiagnosed many times. Now that I'm typing this out, I'm just not sure why I've stayed with them this long! So, anyway, they've got a new doctor in the practice, and he was available so I went to see him. Once again, 90 minute wait. He walks in, plops/slouches down in the chair and immediately starts telling me I've got restless leg syndrome which is linked to hyperactivity and ADHD, lists off all the drugs he could give me, etc. Now this is without ever even asking me a question! Then he proceeds to tell me that I've had my thyroid checked 3 times, why did I have it checked. I've never had my thyroid checked and he kept arguing with me about it! He finally mentioned a particular medicine that I'd had several friends recommend so I just jumped on it. He then proceeded to write me a HUGE prescription and told me to take the maximum dosage if I wanted and come back in 4 weeks. He actually gave me 120 pills at .5 mg (which is twice the recommended dose) for one month. I'd be a drug addict by then if I listened to him. Thank goodness I have friends who are nurses and who've given me additional information. So, needless to say, I will never ever go back to that place again!

Friday night was consumed with soccer practice (why do I feel like this is going to be my life story). Camden is having a blast! Their first games (yes, two in on day) are Saturday. Should be fun!

Saturday we packed ourselves up and headed into Nashville to go to Red Caboose Park, which was fun. Michael and Liz met us there and then we went out to each. We did a little shopping, spent a LONG time in Lowe's looking at paint samples and that was pretty much the day!

Sunday had a rough start. Camden was horrible all morning before church, which doesn't exactly put you in the mood to worship! The rest of the day was a bit better, but I find myself very tired this morning!

I ran across this verse over the weekend and thought that it was such a good reminder.

Be joyful always, pray at all times,
be thankful in all circumstances.
This is what God wants from you
in your life in union with Christ Jesus.
— 1 Thessalonians: 16-18

Here is one of the family pictures we took at the park. I really like it, but still need to do some more editing. And then there's one lonely layout that I finished over the weekend. I really want to scrap, but am having trouble finding the time and motivation to do so. And I better get some motivation back, because I've got 3 pieces of really cool scrapping news to share tomorrow so stay tuned.


Comments

Unknown said…
Oh Girl, if this is the medicine that I recommended it is HIGHLY addictive and you should NOT take it that often!! YIKES. You need to do more than not go there again, you need to report them! We LOVE our doctor and he is an adoptive dad and is in Hendersonville. Let me know if you are interested.
bodegalee said…
Hey Melissa
First have to say that your designs are amazing! Love them all.... awesome! I'm sorry you had such a rotten experience with the docs office - truly uncalled for....Used to be a nursing sup for a small hosp out here in CA and just have absolutely not patience for docs like you described! Ick! Sooo glad you've got friends and are an informed person re: what you're doing....Take good care!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel