Life is such a roller coaster

So! It seems the people who are buying our house are illegal aliens and have fled the country, which means our house isn't sold! Honestly, these people are illegal and were somehow able to get a large loan approved from a bank? (I guess I shouldn't be surprised since they can also have drivers licenses here in Tennessee.)
Except now they're gone. Our house has been OFF the market for a couple of weeks while we were under contract. We've packed up a big portion of our things (we were to move in 2 weeks). We're back to square one! I guess the one positive coming out of this is that we won't have to live with my in-laws temporarily. I know that God has a plan, and that His timing is perfect, and I'm trying to really remember that. More than anything, I'm just upset because of our adoption plans. Originally, our agency said we could continue the process even though we would be moving at some point, but backtracked once they found out that our house sold quickly, and we would be living with my in-laws temporarily. I'm not sure if it will help that we'll just be moving once instead of twice.

I strongly feel that God brought these two verses to mind this morning specifically to help remind me that He is in control. From Jeremiah 29: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. And from John 16: These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

And, on a lighter note, Lost is all new tonight. I can't wait!

Here's a family layout I finished last night. I actually really love it (if I can say that about my own work!). The quote at the top is "a happy family is but an earlier heaven."

Comments

Chris said…
OH MY GOSH, you certainly weren't expecting THAT! I'm sorry this sets you back now again. You're right, God must have something better in mind.
I'll say a prayer that all will work out...-Chris
Anonymous said…
I'm so proud that you know that God is in control!! How that brings peace, and some semblance of
order to chaos!!!
Wonderful Lord!!!!! Awesome.
Love, Grandma E.
Anonymous said…
Hi, Melissa. I am so sorry about your turn of events in the house situation. My husband and I had the EXACT same thing happen to us a few years ago: a family who was living here illegally was approved for a loan, and while we were waiting for the house to close, we found another house to move into, moved all of our belongings (except our bed) into storage . . . . Only to find out that we weren't moving after all. So disappointing.

Now, we look back on that experience as a time of blessing, because the Lord had another house, so much better than the first, for us -- we just had to wait 8 more months to get it! It'll all work out for you too, I'm sure. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel