Snow Day

Well, I've been wishing for some winter weather, and it finally arrived yesterday afternoon. Despite starting the day off in the upper 50's, the temperatures dropped to the low 20's and snow and ice fell from the sky. I would be much happier about this snow day if Brian didn't have to go to a school seminar an hour away. I really hate that he doesn't get to take advantage of the snow day. Not to mention I've been trying to catch a cold all week and was finally successful last night. I feel kind of miserable, and I'm hoping that certain 5 and 8 year olds will be happy playing together and not need too much entertainment from their mama.

My brother-in-law Michael just posted this on my FB wall. "Hope your kids survive the day. Snow day and Friday the 13th probably not a good combination for your sanity or their life expectancy." LOL

My mom, Elizabeth, and Michael are supposed to come over for the evening, and I have lasagna and chocolate cake planned. My mom is going to stay with us over the weekend, and I was hoping to have a shopping day tomorrow, but I guess we'll have to see how I'm feeling.

ETA: And the day just got better since Rory is now up and sobbing because her throat hurts. If you've read the blog in previous years, you'll remember that she is about the worst patient ever and deals with it all by SOBBING incessantly as if she cannot believe the universe would treat her so poorly. 

I promise I'm slightly more compassionate than this paragraph sounds. :) 

And a few pictures from last Friday (when we were having temperatures in the 60's).

"This is how big girls stand, mama."
DSC_2421

Showing off her short hair. She gets a ridiculous amount of attention with this haircut.
DSC_2428

DSC_2430

All pics taken with my 50mm 1.4, f3.5, ISO400, 1/200 SS and are straight out of the camera (with the exception of a slight vignette) because in my humble opinion they were good enough to not bother with editing. ;)

And, finally, some layouts.

Micheline Martin: Love You Like a Love Song (and despite having heard this song maybe once in my lifetime, I've had it stuck in my head ever since I saw this kit)
010311_likealovesong-web

Valorie Wibbens/Jenn Barrette: Toothless Grin
011011_smile-web

Emily Merritt/Laura Banasiak: XOXO
021411_iwubyou-web

Zoe Pearn: Tis the Season
121411_meetingsanta-web

Comments

Monica said…
First, why shouldn't Rory get a lot of attention for a gorgeous haircut that highlights that abundant personality? And second, I had to laugh about your comment of being "slightly" more compassionate. My siblings and I always asked for my Dad when we were sick because he coddled us when we were sick and Mom would be "encouraging" with things like "I don't think you're all that sick." :) Hope everyone feels better soon!
Vicky said…
Honestly, I think Rory is cute enough to sport many a hair style and get compliments- Um yes, she is that cute :) I hope you don't get knocked down too hard or for too long. And any time someone in our family doesn't feel well (other than me) it is an actual crisis, whether its a sniffle or paper cut- so I hear you on the "drama" response.
Something tells me that Rory would get a lot of attention with ANY haircut! Hope you are both feeling better soon. It is extra hard to be a sympathetic mama when you feel rotten too.
KrisJ said…
LOVE the hair!! And Malia hardly ever gets sick (knock on wood) but when she does.. oh boy it is not pretty!! I hope you both feel better right away!
Krista said…
I agree - great hair! And those pictures rock! Hoping you and Rory are feeling better!
Enjoy the snow while it last - we finally have it here too and we are trying to enjoy it - but it is so bitterly cold!
X said…
i believe any haircut would gain rory attention! she is one of the most beautiful little girls i have ever seen. love all of your pages (as always) and your little man looks adorable without his 2 front teeth. i hope everyone is feeling better today!
LOVE those photos... and SOOC?!?! Love them even more!!! And that haircut is adorable... and SO "Rory!"

I try to be pretty compassionate to S when he is sick... but Doug?! Forget it. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel