Addison, Day 13

Rory and I ran errands yesterday, picked my mom up from the airport, then headed to the hospital to see Addison. My mom was already scheduled to come spend a couple of weeks with us to help us out during this chemo session. Of course, I'm not having chemo, but Elizabeth had an emergency c-section and Addison is here so the timing was still perfect - she's just helping out a different daughter.

It's been an entire week since I've seen Addison (how did that happen?) and I have to say that she looks so much healthier. Her little face isn't puffy anymore so we can see her features. We haven't decided who she looks like yet. She also reached the 3 pound mark yesterday, which is a big milestone. Because she can't regulate her own body temperature, she is only allowed out of bed for 20 minutes a day,  but I cannot wait for the day that I can get my greedy hands on her. My mom and I had a hard time not pulling open that incubator and at least touching her yesterday.

She's in an incubator and it's dark so it's very hard to get a clear picture. I had to have my ISO set on 2,000 if that gives you any indication!

DSC_2513

DSC_2514

Look at that sweet little bow!
DSC_2515

Rory and I went and walked with my mom this morning (Elizabeth lives less than 10 minutes from us - hurray!). She's going to be so thrilled I posted this picture. ;)
DSC_2521







Comments

Grace said…
look at that tiny little face! she is beautiful...so glad to hear she is doing well!
KrisJ said…
awww she does look so much healthier!! What a tiny little sweetie!
Joy said…
Little Addison is so sweet! And know you all can't wait to get your hands on her!

I will have to plan a trip back to TN when your mom is in town. I want to meet her! I mean, I feel like I already know her! : )
Renee T. said…
baby addison is lovely, so happy to hear she is getting bigger and stronger!

:) renee
Oh, look at her!!! So cute... And tiny!! I love that you shared your high iso with us... I'm betting you can't wait to get her out of the hospital just so you can control the light... am I wrong?!?!
Wow, 3 pounds is a milestone! She really is very pretty!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel