Tiny Red Flowers

Friday afternoon I got a text from Elizabeth asking me if I had a hairbow that Addison could wear. (for those of you who know and love Liz, are you surprised by this request?) Of course, I have a hairbow for Addison! I've saved bags and bags of hairbows from Rory just for this moment.

For a little perspective, I put it in Rory's hair first and snapped a quick picture as we headed down to the NICU.

010211

And then the nurse glued it to Addison's head.

123111_14

I still haven't figured out a good way to show you how teeny tiny she really is. If you have any ideas, throw them my way!

We took it easy Saturday morning, then made a trip to the hospital and Target for the afternoon. Sunday was regular church activities. Today is Brian and Camden's last day off school (and since our break last week turned out to not really be a break), we're trying to take it easy today. Brian took down the Christmas tree while I ran to the hospital for bloodwork. We're actually cooking a full turkey dinner tonight and then back to our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.


One more Addison picture wearing her fashionable sunglasses. I love her little hand grasping the cord.

123111_9

Comments

KrisJ said…
Wash a dollar bill and then put that next to her.. Ive seen this and it gives a good perspective! I LOVE these photos.. she is such a tiny doll and Im so happy that shes doing well!
Monica said…
a normal size infant diaper, a ruler (the nurses may have a tape measure)...I've seen those used before
Well that flower certainly makes her look tiny! I like the two ideas above. Anything "standard" sized next to her would be impressive. I know she has wires and everything, but even the cupped hands of Liz around a part of her... her feet, her hands, etc. She's tiny - but adorable!!!
We are... said…
My twins were only a few ounces bigger than Addison at birth. You are right -- the pictures don't accurately depict how tiny she is! Glad she and your sister are doing well.
April said…
Addison is so, so precious! Can't wait to watch her grow through your pictures!
I'm sorry you all didn't have a proper Christmas break! I sure hope 2012 is a more restful year for everyone!
"aunt" kimmy said…
a ruler or new stuffed animal if she's allowed...
Krista said…
Addison is so precious! And I love that little flower.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)