Friday Photo Dump

So yesterday did not exactly turn out as planned. I did get to see Baby Addison (hurray), but we spent 3 hours at one doctor's office and then an hour at the next, which resulted in no time for a birthday lunch. In fact, we left the house at 9:45, returned home at 4 and it was all spent at the hospital. Fun times. The good news is that I'm totally fine - the doctors were just running late. Very, very late. As in the receptionist brought out a basket full of cold drinks and snacks to the waiting room kind of late. Twice.

Our friend Randall spent the night with us, and I am just hoping I didn't pass on my nasty germs. My cold ramped up into high gear throughout the day, and I had completely lost my voice by bedtime last night. I didn't sleep well, but at least my throat isn't on fire this morning. Rory and I are camped out on the couch (she also has a cold) and plan to spend the day resting. My mom is coming over tonight and making her homemade chicken and dumplings, which is pretty much the best meal in the world. She made it for me numerous times during chemo, and it was one of the few things I could count on tasting good.

And a few photos from the week. Yes, many of them are out of focus. Apparently, I can only take 1-2 good photos within a certain time period.

Reading on my iPad.
DSC_2676

Looking at pictures of Addison.
DSC_2679

DSC_2694

Rory insisted on holding Aunt Liz's hand all day yesterday.
DSC_2698

Rory was such a trooper during all the long waits yesterday.
DSC_2737

The snacks helped.
DSC_2738

And look at Addison out of the incubator!
DSC_2734

She's so ladylike.
DSC_2714

DSC_2711

DSC_2710



Comments

Mayme said…
hope you get to feeling better!
The photos still capture some awesome moments! And holy cow... that is a LONG day at the hospital! (I'm totally jealous of your dinner... I cannot get the hang of dumplings!)
Addison looks so wonderful. Rory is always adorable. You are a truly blessed mommy. (I can relate-my kids are pretty awesome, too.) I hope tomorrow finds you all well. P.S. Your mother is beautiful!
Wow, what a long day at the hospital. Thank goodness for homemade chicken and dumplings. Now I'm starting to crave some!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5