The Next Great Artist

Despite it's less than exciting start yesterday turned out to be a pretty nice day. The kids had a blast with the whole Next Great Artist competition Brian came up with. They were just really cute with all of their efforts. Brian took Camden to a friend's house for batting practice while Rory napped, then took both of them to Sonic for Happy Hour, which gave me a chance to settle in with some silence, a fresh cup of coffee, and my heated body bean. And while they were out, they went to a local shop and brought me back some chocolates. Camden said the best part of his day was seeing my smile when they brought me the chocolates. How sweet!

DSC_2618

Camden was SO excited while he waited for Brian to hand out the awards. ;) And while we're not really all about making sure everything is equal or that the kids never lose, we did decide there was no way to hand out just one award when you're talking about artwork (or when one child is 3 years younger and can't read or write). Camden kept saying, "I'm just so nervous" while waiting.
DSC_2647

011612_kid-art-web

Lauren Grier: Choices
010612_this-hair-web


Comments

Renee T. said…
I'm loving the next great artist idea----so fun!
I love how this whole great art competition came together... such a fabulous idea! (And chocolates after "me time"?! AWESOME.)
That art competition turned out to be a really fun thing--I love that Camden was all nervous about it! Brian seems like a really great dad AND an awesome husband. What a blessed girl you are!!
Elizabeth Frick said…
How adorable is your family! Both of your kids always make me smile; hope they do the same for you!
Camden is at just the most lovable age in little boys. What a cutie :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel