Weekend Wrap-Up

So despite now being halfway to 70, my 35th birthday was pretty darn good. Brian and I spent the afternoon shopping for nothing in particular, and it's amazing how relaxing that can be without a 7 and 4 year old along. We stopped for coffee, picked up a few school shirts for Camden, a Christmas dress for Rory (okay, two actually), new make-up for me as well as a new scarf. For supper Brian had arranged for a group of friends from my pre-SAHM days to meet us for supper, and it was lovely. When I quit work to stay home with Rory, I went from spending 40 hours a week with some of my favorite people to seeing those friends a couple of times a year so an evening with them was just perfect.

I had two photo shoots Saturday afternoon (sneak peeks coming soon) and I'm not really sure where the rest of my day went. Sunday was my brother-in-law's birthday so after church we had chili and cupcakes. And just in case there was any doubt, I most definitely did not make these cupcakes! GiGi was happy to help us out in the birthday celebration this weekend.

Pretty sure Uncle Michael was not thrilled to have his picture taken while the kids sang Happy Birthday to him.
111510_1

Rory was convinced that you were not supposed to put a birthday cake candle in a cupcake.
111510_2

And a quick one of the kids on our way out the door to school this morning.
111510_3

Comments

KrisJ said…
So glad you had a great birthday!! Cant wait to see your session pics!
Elizabeth Frick said…
My goodness, where is Camden's hair??? :)
Your birthday sounds down right blissful. And I love the "quick shot" - how do you always get them to smile?!
Ethan wants another buzz and I am thinking I had better not show him Camdens'.... grammy & papa want pictures of the grand kids for xmas and well not sure I want it that short for pictures LOL
Does Brian or you do it?

P.S. I can't wait for the sneak peaks either!
Anonymous said…
Now we've had another birthday!
Happy birthday, Michael. We love you! Gpa and Gma Elledge
Brenda Lewis said…
Glad you had a good day. We enjoyed having the kids.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)