Oh, Christmas Tree

When I was a kid, our family always put the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving (usually on Friday after some holiday shopping). We put in a Christmas CD, usually Mannheim Steamroller, and made Chex Mix. And now that I have my own family, we do the same thing. My current favorite Christmas music is Very Merry Christmas by Dave Barnes and Peace on Earth by Casting Crowns, although we have collected alot of Christmas music over the years.

I intentionally did not bother the kids with pictures because I didn't want to get uptight about finding the perfect shot (this decision was helped along by the fact that the tree is in a corner with no light and pictures meant trying to use my external flash which is currently the bane of my existence). We let the kiddos put most of the ornaments up until they started falling and breaking because there were so many all together. :)

112910_1

Camden clearly thought this was Rory's first Christmas because he painstakingly explained and showed her what to do with the ornaments. Not that she wanted nothing to do with his help, but he stayed patient.
112910_2

112910_3

Notice all the ornaments towards the lower middle section of the tree.
112910_4

And, of course, I couldn't leave the camera put away for long!
112910_5

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
I *love* the photo of Rory hanging her ornament on the tree!
Krista said…
Love tree triming! I may have to pull ours out tonight...
These are great shots! Did you bounce the flash?? I don't see any shadows!
KrisJ said…
I HATE my external too.. every time I attach it to my camera it freaks out and wont work!
But great pics, and love the tree!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel