Daylight Savings Time

I think my kids are now old enough to adjust to Daylight Savings Time with minimal effect because aside from a 6:00 wake time yesterday (6:20 today) and being hungry all day, they survived the change pretty well. Please don't hate me.

Brian had several extra church and school activities/responsibilities this weekend so he was gone most of the time. The kids and I had pizza and watched How to Train a Dragon Friday night. Saturday I had a photo shoot, a quick shopping trip to Gap to take advantage of the secret 45% off sale and then back home so Brian could leave for his school's fall festival. He's becoming well-known at his school for his goldfish booth. As in, all the parents hate him because they have to bring home goldfish (which die in the first week) and the kids love him because they get to bring home a goldfish. :) We joined him for a while and Camden helped out while Rory and I people watched.

Sunday Rory woke up with a fever yet again so the two of us stayed home from church. I already had Rory's 4 year old check up scheduled for this morning so maybe he can help us out with the never-ending cough and occasional fever.

P.J. picture after the movie Friday night
110910

And for my photography friends, I took this with my external flash which I bought almost 2 months ago and then haven't used because I kind of hated it. I've decided I better try to conquer it since we're headed for several months of indoor photos.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The picture is so natural. Color is great. You have good equipment, use it. Your pictures are wonderful. People will see your doing great work.
Elizabeth Frick said…
Jealous of the easy transition you had - can you train me, too? :)
I need more than that! Direct, bounce, bracketed?! ;-)

And, I think we should swap kiddos next year, ok?! I'd like for an easy transition...
Becky said…
picture looks great, Melissa! and I was just thinking today that you had bought an external flash, but in all the times we have talked recently, we hadn't talked about it, so I had convinced myself that it was all in my head. glad to know I'm not insane....other than that conversation that i had all in my head and just typed out for you! :)
yes I want someone to train me! You are taking some awesome photos!!!! I always look forward to what you are going to show next!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel