Celebrating

I'm not a huge fan of birthdays, starting with my 20th birthday when I was convinced life was over. My friends had a 20 dead roses delivered to my dorm room and then threw me an Over the Hill party. While I'm not dreading this one quite as much, Brian did remind me that I'm halfway to 70. Surprising, since I still feel as if I'm barely halfway to 40. 

Life has been so crazy for Brian, not to mention the cold/cough he's had for 3 weeks now that I managed to convince him to take the day off work in part to help me celebrate but mostly because I wanted him to have a little down time. He took Rory on a little breakfast date to Dunkin' Donuts this morning, is surprising Camden at school for lunch, and then we're dropping Rory off at the grandparents and shopping, eating dinner, and headed to a surprise event. It should be a good day.

111210

Gina Miller: Flashback
110510-web

Comments

Joy said…
LOL! I am actually looking forward to 40 next year. Is that crazy??

Hope you enjoy your birthday!! Live it up!! : )
KrisJ said…
I LOVE aging.. for know anyways!! HAPPY BDAY TO YOU!!!! Hope its an amazing one!
Mayme said…
Happy Birthday!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Happy happy birthday! And shame on Brian... halfway to 70? how rude. ;)
Krista said…
Happy Happy Birthday! You are fabulous!
Anonymous said…
Melissa, you were our very first grandchild. How did I miss yesterday?! Well at 82 1/2
things get a little hectic. Love you, "child"! And have a great year!
I hope you had a *fabulous* birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)