Weekend Rundown

We had quite a busy weekend, but it felt kinda good because we got alot accomplished. Friday morning Brian made a trip to camp to pick up the church kids; got home just in time for me to head out to my eye doctor's appointment; I made it home just in time for him to head off to a meeting (this is how our week went - we tag teamed). Friday night we took the training wheels off Camden's bike and had his first solo bike lesson. (I won't even go into how traumatic that was.) Saturday was spent cleaning house and attending Camden's final baseball game. The team did a great job and won the game. Camden had 4 at bats and 4 good hits. We're finished with baseball until spring; the coach told us that each team does it's best to keep the same players so we're excited about that. Sunday we had church and then hosted 20 people at our house in our new small group format. We won't be hosting it each Sunday night, but we will be meeting in small groups from now on. Should be fun!

Brian's youngest brother and his family arrive in town this morning so I'm sure we'll spend some time with them this week. Brian also has a dentist appointment and two in-service days at school; Camden has a dental appointment to get 2 crowns put in; we have an end-of-the season baseball party; I have our final Esther study to go to so this week looks pretty busy.

A few random things about the kids last week since I was too busy to post it Friday.

  • When telling her daddy about the baby goats we saw last week, Rory informed Brian that they were born in Korea.
  • Camden, in not-so-typical boy fashion, has always been pretty easy on his clothes. I've always liked dressing him in cute clothes (well, not so much now that I've got a girl to dress), but this year he is ruining clothes faster than he can put them on. The other day he wore a shirt for the first time to church and it came home with a hole in it. What part of Sunday School involves getting holes in your shirt? Not to mention the crazy stains I see on his clothing these days. Oh, well!
  • Rory has been putting us to the test this past week. Well, not me so much, but Brian. She has told him no over and over in the last several days. She doesn't try it with me, but she has decided there's no reason to obey daddy. Fun times.
  • A lady at church yesterday offered us some breakfast, and I thanked her, but told her we had just eaten. When she left Camden, said, "well, it was nice of her to offer anyway." Nice manners for a 5 year old!
  • Rory's phrase of the week was, "Guess what, mommy! My dad told me . . . . " I'm sorry - she's 2! No grown-up terms allowed in this house! :)
  • A couple of weeks ago Rory decided that it was okay to hug and love on Camden. I'm sorry to say that this week she's back to thinking that he clearly has the cooties and it's okay to scream bloody murder if he tries awful things like helping her out or actually giving her a hug goodnight.
  • Rory has been semi-dressing herself for months now, but she still struggles with shirts a bit. Most of the time I still dress her (once again - no growing up in this house allowed). Last night we had told Camden to go get his p.j.'s on and get ready for bed. A few minutes later, Rory came out of her room completely dressed in her p.j.'s and was SO proud of herself. She kept jumping up and down with the biggest smile on her face saying, "Me did it! Me did it!"
Well, I have pictures and 2 scrap pages to share, but my desktop is having issues once again so I'm using Brian's laptop and do not have them available. Maybe tomorrow!

Comments

Amanda said…
wowzers it sounds like ya'll are busy, busy, busy!! Maybe with baseball over for now you can rest a little more. Hope your summer is going good so far.
Kathy said…
Hi Melissa, I was wondering if you could contact the moderator for the AKC yahoo group for me. My email was hacked into and had to be shut down.(I lost all of my contacts,so I don't have any email addresses.) Now my email address is with comcast and I cannot gain access to the group to let them know of my email change. I would have to set up another email with yahoo and I was hoping to avoid that. Does that make any sense? :) You can email me at: kaki77@comcast.net. Thanks so much!
Kathy Lipic

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel