Hyperactive

Yes, my child is hyperactive! I cannot wait for him to get off this medication because he is so crazy these days! Sometimes in a funny way, more often than not just in a hyper, crazy, moody way. Thank goodness he took his last dose of the steroid yesterday and goes back to the doctor today. I really think he is doing much better, and I doubt they'll put him on anything else. Just a few examples of how crazy he's been. (1) He threw a fit Saturday that included kicking Brian. The fit lasted OVER an hour! (2) He hugged everyone in sight at church last night. Not just hugged, but exuberantly hugged (we usually have to force him to say hello, much less hug anyone) (3) Here's a conversation from dinner last night: "hey,somebodyputbuggersinmynose.I'mbeinggoodtoday.
Ican'tbelieveit'srainingoutside.She'sugly.My'pasghetti'isgood." This is all said with no breath in between and yelled at the top of his lungs, and did you notice the "she's ugly" part. Yes, my sweet child told one of our dear friends that she was ugly. He said it in the middle of everything else and smiled away while he said it, but she most definitely heard it. I made him apologize, but he was off and running about something else while he said it. So many wierd pesonality things happen to him when he takes this medication. I'm hoping we don't have to do it again for a long time!

Our weekend was fairly uneventful, but felt very full. I was home with Camden Friday. We grocery shopped, library, etc. He was a handful! Saturday, we were all home and cleaned house and took a walk with Camden. Well, we walked and he rode his tricycle. Okay, mostly we pushed him. The bike has one of those long handles so the parents can control it. When he got off the bike, he grabbed his c.r.o.t.c.h. and said, "oh, I have a carpet burn." Apparently, it was a longer walk than we realized. Brian went to a NHL game Saturday and had a great time. I stayed home and caught up on my TV shows that I had taped throughout the week. Sunday we went to my friend's brother's funera. It was very emotional and sad, but also a very beautiful service. I just feel so bad for her family, and I know that they are in for many months of grieving and just trying to adjust to their new life.

I'm really trying to get rid of this cough Brian and I have! It's been dragging on about a week now, and it's no fun. I found some Vitamin B and Echinacea in the cabinet. Not sure where that came from - my mom must have slipped them in - so I'm going to start taking those and maybe that will help. I feel like I just had a vitamin meal - 2 cranberry (just cause I keep hearing they're good for women's health), a Vitamin B, two Echinacea, and 1 Aleve.

Here are two layouts from the weekend. Not much scrapping going on around here this week. We've got church every night, and then we're headed out of town for a couple of days.

So Lonely - credits here

Sleepy - credits here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel