Father's Day Weekend

Our Father’s Day weekend was fun! We started off with a play date with Emily and “that other baby” (a.k.a. Meredith) at a local mall playground. Camden had a blast playing with Emily, and I enjoyed spending time with Kathy, who is a great friend and old college roommate. I’m so happy she’ll be teaching at the college where I work in the fall. It’s always good to spend time with friends you have such a long history with.

We went shopping as a family Friday evening. I found nothing, of course, which is how it goes when you actually have the money for it and a plan! Brian found many things, of course. Men are so easy to buy clothes for. Camden was wound up! He boogied away in the aisles of the stores – he has no rhythm and a very unique free style!

Saturday I went to an all day paper scrap. The scrap was a fundraiser for my friend Mayme who is adopting a little girl from China. I’m so excited for her family! The scrap was fun, but a little different for me now that I’m a digiscrapper. I was never a good paper scrapper to begin with, and although I do seem to be a better paper scrapper as a result of my digiscrapping, I found myself frustrated over and over by the limitations of paper. It was good to get some of Camden’s professional portraits that I do not have digital access to down in an album, and the pages turned out cute.

Camden with fishing with his daddy and Gramps while I was at the scrap. I cannot believe he fished for 3 hours! He also had no trouble touching worms and holding onto fish and tossing them back into the pond. I was happy to hear that he was fastidious about keeping his hands clean after touching them, though. Seriously, fish gross me out!

We watched Last Holiday Saturday evening after Camden went to bed. It was so cheesy. I’m not sure why we wasted our time!

Brian’s parents came over for Father’s Day lunch after church. I took the easy route and we had a build-your-own taco salad. Camden was ecstatic to have Gram and Gramps at his house and we watched the fishing video (at the request of Gramps) several times.

Camden funnies from the weekend: In the car last night, he said, “Mommy, I like your umbrella. It’s so nice and cute.” He touched my face Saturday morning and said, “you’re so cute.” Apparently, cute is his new favorite word.

Here are some layouts and pics from the weekend.
Everything from Sweet Dreams Shoppe available July 4.
Kit is Gypsy Dreams.

Kit is Celebration available for free at the July 4th opening of the Sweet Dreams Shoppe.





Comments

~Melissa~ said…
Gorgeous LO's! And your son is so precious! We are hoping to adopt from HK in about another year (you have to live here for 18months first) and I'm so excited. Would love to hear your adoption story!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel