Friday

Not only is it Friday, but the temps were in the low 60's when we left for school this morning. I do love when fall starts sneaking its way into our lives. I'm currently sitting upstairs at my desk wrapped in a blanket drinking an iced coffee enjoying some computer time . . . none of which seems to come my way quite often enough these days. Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty good!

The rest of Friday includes a chiro appointment, grocery shopping, haircut, surprising the kids with a trip to the theater to see Dolphin Tale 2. Brian and Camden are helping some friends move tomorrow while I work on some photography edits (a.k.a. my second job), then we're going to take advantage of the gorgeous weather with a trip to the park or an afternoon hike. Brian is still swamped at school, but since this is the first weekend in forever with no official church activities outside of the actual services, we're taking advantage of it and planning to cram in as much togetherness as we can.

I have been extremely lax in the picture taking department, but here are just a few from the last week or so.

I haven't tried this yet, but couldn't help myself from purchasing when I made a trip to Trader Joe's last week (my first in something like 5 months!). Incidentally - and I'm not sure I should be admitting this - but we somehow have like 4 cartons of ice cream in the freezer right now. All of them unopened, so apparently I've been hoarding.
DSC_3794

Last weekend was Riverfest and our church had booth (we do this twice a year). Our sweet Korean friend J has been coming to our church for the last few months (her little mama who comes with her as well is SO cute), and she painted faces for the booth. She practiced on Camden and Rory before we got started, and then I asked if I could snap a picture of the three of them. It tickled me to no end when she threw up the peace sign.
DSC_3867

Poor Brian has been having some back issues (happens nearly every year at the start) and Riverfest about did him in. After teaching and early mornings all week, he spent about 15 hours making balloon animals Friday/Saturday.
Untitled

I kept Addison one evening this week. Not sure what possessed me to run actual errands with 3 children, but I did. And they were all cute. When we got home, they all 3 proceeded to participate in an all-out nerf gun war. It was hilarious. And loud. And I might have been ready for some peace and quiet by bedtime.
Untitled

We're really struggling with balance between work and family right now. Trying to remind ourselves it's just a season and make the best of it. Last night was game night, something we've neglected for months now. The kids are at a pretty fun age - old enough to play and interact, not just be entertained. In fact, Camden won all 3 rounds of Mexican Train Dominos. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up being the game-winner in the family.
Untitled



Comments

Vicky said…
I'm just all smiles- from the ice cream to the games- the time you spend making joyful memories with your family is awesome!
This post is perfection. I need to channel some of this. It might require a visit so I can take notes. And help you eat all that ice cream, natch. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5