Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving week is over, the kids are off to school, and we're gearing up for a couple of busy weeks before Christmas. Most importantly, I am alone for the first time in about 10 days. ;)

My parents visited last week, and after the year they've had, we were all just happy that they were able to make it - they've had to cancel a couple of times this year. I was also thrilled to be healthy this year as well. I've been smack dab in the middle of chemo for the previous 2 Thanksgivings so a chemo-free holiday was fabulous.

We cooked, cooked, and cooked some more. We ate, ate, and ate, We watched old home videos of Camden and Rory; we drank coffee; we watched football. I laughed until my face hurt more than once, which is a good thing in case you were wondering.

I didn't take a ton of pictures, but here are a few.

thanksgiving3

thanksgiving2

thanksgiving1

DSC_7730

DSC_7724

I had all kinds of fun Pinterest ideas for Thanksgiving this year, but these photo booth props are the only one that I managed to finish. And in the spirit of keeping it real, these pictures were from the day after Thanksgiving.
DSC_7706

DSC_7701

And an outtake from our Christmas card picture for church (with the Kivettes, our church planting partners).
lewiskivette3


Comments

Amy said…
Looks and sounds like a wonderful time. So glad your parents were able to be there! I love your Korean scroll over the kitchen table. Did you have it professionally framed? I still haven't had ours done, 2 1/2 years later. I need to do something with it and seeing your picture has inspired me! :)
Vicky said…
Well you took more photos than I did :) I was just content to focus on being there instead of capturing it… unusual for me.

Oh gosh- a chemo-free Thanksgiving is one of the biggest gifts I think. So glad to hear you enjoyed it and got to spend it with family!
Amanda said…
We must have the same pinterest board because I printed off the same props, only I never got around to using them. Love seeing how they would have turned out, which is super cute. Maybe next year.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5