A Few Things

After a much busier-than-usual weekend in which I had no time to recover from chemo last week, I have been in a funk. Finally caught Brian and Rory's cold from last week and just cannot kick it. I mean, it's only been 3 days, but it feels like forever. I'm headed to Vanderbilt in a couple of hours, and I just want to call in sick. Unfortunately, I have to be much sicker than this to call in sick to chemo. I know I should continue to be grateful for this drug, but mostly I'm just resenting that I need it week after week after week . . . 

Last week we celebrated Rory's 10th Family Day. How old does that make me feel? Very, very old. It's hard to count all the ways our lives have changed in these past 10 years. Here's a little video Brian put together 10 years ago, and it's still good. I 100% cried my way through it yet again. These little kiddos have grown up to be big kids and I didn't think I could love them more, but apparently, it's possible.



Over the weekend, the kids participated in our district denominational competition. There are categories in just about every direction you can imagine - Bible, arts, drama, music, etc. Rory participated in Bible memorization, dramatic monologue, and kids choir. Camden participated in Bible memorization, guitar, and vocal solo. I feel like it's important to say that while they did very well, they also had no competition at this level so a truer test of their skill is coming up in April when they will compete at the state level. I breathed a sigh of relief when it was all over because encouraging practice over the last several weeks and then emotionally supporting their nerves was exhausting (one kiddo - theoldestbutI'mnotnamingnames - in particular is a perfectionist and deals with nerves in a very negative way)

Untitled


My computer seems to be broken for good and it makes me want to cry a little. For now, pictures are piling up on my big girl camera and I'm hoping to recover what lives on my external hard drive soon.

Happy Wednesday! It's all downhill from here.

Comments

Joan B said…
your kids are fantastic! I'm so sorry you have the burden of weekly chemo. That is so draining, so rough. Hugs
I'm sorry that chemo is so burdensome. I can't even imagine the physical and emotional toll it must have. And I'm also so, so sorry about your computer. That makes me want to cry a little too! (I can imagine the emotional hit that is since I've been there and it's no fun!)
Norman said…
Melissa, I loved seeing the kids in the competition! Thanks for posting some that I did not get to see in person! And Faith is still in action for better days, healthwise! Love to all.
Unknown said…
What beautiful memories for your sweet family! Continued prayers for your health journey.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5