Christmas Break Is In Sight

DSC_3506

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

The kids are finally on Christmas break as of Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. This year only Rory brings home Christmas crafts since 7th graders are much too cool.

We spent 36 hours this week in a little private chemo room at Vanderbilt. The queasiness is a familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach as is the frustration of letting Brian help me do every solitary thing (he's in perpetual overprotective mode), and the crankiness (I am not a good patient). The nurses have been kind, and we have had our share of warm blankets and snacks. They even let us sneak out to walk around the block for a coffee break.

I am easily the youngest and healthiest person on this particular floor. Camden and Rory have been so patient with the long hours and they spent Monday and Tuesday evening with us here in the room. Supper in the hospital cafeteria makes it worth their time.

As Thursday winds down, you can literally feel the mood lightening in the infusion wing as patients finish up and nurses prepare for a 4-day weekend. I am impatiently waiting for 7:16, which will be my last blood draw of the week.  I'm ready to break free and begin my own Christmas holiday!


Comments

Joan B said…
Bless you and your family during this holiday season and beyond.
Thinking of you and your family and upholding you in prayer. God bless you!

Jocelyn x (in Australia)
Mimi said…
Merry Christmas, Melissa. I love your positive attitude!
Blessings to you and yours.
Love,
Mimi
You have been on my mind a lot these past few weeks and this post, for some reason, fills my heart and soothes my soul. Hope you had an amazing holiday!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5