Five on Friday (December 14, 2018)

1. The ice Sunday morning was beautiful although I'm still waiting for the weather to result in a snow day.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

2. I'm super behind on buying gifts, planning for the week of Christmas with guests, baking, etc. Know what I'm not behind on? Taking advantage of sales for myself.

3. This week a certain teenager in our house lived up to the hype of how challenging teenagers can be. Fingers (and toes and everything else) crossed this is a short phase because it is not fun. Where's my sweet kid?



4. It's Homecoming Week at school so Rory dressed up every day although this one was my favorite - teal eyeshadow, tie-dye, crimped hair, and overalls.

Untitled

Untitled

5. If you have a Trader Joe's or an Aldi's grocery store nearby, make sure to pick up Stroop Wafels. They are SO delicious, and I've bought more than a few packages both to snack on and to include with gifts.

*****

A quick update on me: I saw my oncologist today for scan and bloodwork results - all stable. My tumor markers are increasing but very, very s.l.o.w.l.y. and we'll take it. The truth is that until about 6 weeks ago, I still felt crummy most of the time. I began to feel better almost overnight in mid-October and although I'm still taking a lot of medication for side effects leftover from chemo and some cancer-related symptoms. I have to force myself not to feel like it's a personal failure somehow to not be at 100%, but after nearly 8 years of cancer and half of that in treatment, my oncologist tells me this is my 100%. My port is giving us fits so I'm having it checked out, but not until after the holidays. December 2018 is very different from December 2017 in all the best ways.

Weekend plans include the Homecoming basketball game tonight followed by a Christmas open house at a friend's. Tomorrow is another Christmas party and I'm hoping to knock out some holiday baking. By this time next week, all 4 of the Lewis clan will be on Christmas break. Happy weekend, friends.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel