Five on Friday (Dec. 7, 2018)

The first week of December is always one of the busiest of the year for me at work. And while the rest of the month is still busy on every other front, the workload goes downhill from here. Can you believe this was my view Wednesday morning? We're actually supposed to have a little more of this over the weekend and as long as I can stay in, I'm all for it. 

Untitled


1. Basketball season has not been successful in the traditional sense - we've only won one game. BUT Camden continues to personally improve, he's the team captain, and it's always good to see your kid have fun. He accomplished a personal goal during Tuesday's game - sinking a 3-pointer. 

Untitled

2. Camden had a Spanish project this week that required making homemade empanadas (on his own) for his class. He did a fantastic job and now there's no excuse for not cooking dinner for the family!

Untitled

3. It only took 7 months, but my computer is back up and running. I'm looking forward to spending time with photos again. Unfortunately, our office/bonus room has a new treadmill and new internet wiring to figure out first. At this point, we're holding out for Christmas break to tackle that job.

4. We had our very own Christmas miracle this week - Brian was finally able to fix Alexa. She has been the bane of his existence since we were gifted her last Christmas. Brian has spent hours and hours working on her throughout 2018. Fingers crossed, but I think he finally figured out the issue and she's been working all week.

5. If you need a good cry and warm fuzzies, watch the George H. W. Busher funeral coverage. The tributes were so moving, and I bawled my way through the entire thing. 

*****

And, finally, Happy Birthday to Brian! He played hookie from work to accompany me to a scan and oncology appointment. Unfortunately, the scan machine broke and we had to reschedule both appointments for next week. We did not, however, have to reschedule our coffee, donuts, and lunch date.

Untitled


Untitled

Up this weekend is another basketball game for Camden, a little one-on-one time with Rory, Christmas party with my Bible study girls Saturday night, and Rory has a girl's outing after church Sunday. Maybe I can sneak in some baking time as well. Happy Friday, friends.


Comments

Hey there, just want to pop in say I read all your posts and although I don't comment very often, I want you to know that I uphold you and your family in my prayers. God bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel