Five on Friday (Sept. 15, 2017)

I am not ashamed, because I know the One I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to guard what has been entrusted to me until that day. -2 Timothy 1:12

I know I sound like a broken record when I say September has just flown by. Our weather has been especially fall-like which is so unlike September in Tennessee. (Update: heat stroke coming this week. I knew fall weather was too good to be true.) Brian has had something going on every single night for the past 10-12 days. The good news is that I have an extra week off chemo this month, but it doesn't clear up my schedule since I'm headed to Dallas next week for the D6 conference. Super excited to be going again, but sad Brian doesn't get to go with me this year. But happy because my parents are actually joining me!

1.  Bible study started back up last week, and I love it. We're using the Beth Moore Entrusted study of 2 Timothy (hence the verse above). I know I've said it often, but you just can't beat a sweet group of women gathered together every week studying scripture.

2. I managed to crack my phone screen this week. I've had a smartphone for nearly 5 years, and this is a first for me. It's not shattered, just cracked. Probaby a reason I should upgrade, right? :)

3. We have a little houseguest in the form of a mouse, and it is freaking me out. It showed up a couple of weeks ago early one morning while Brian was up working (we're in the part of the year when he often gets up at 3 a.m.). He set out traps and we got rid of the first friend. Apparently, they came in a pair because the second one has been sneaky. He only shows up on those early mornings, eats the peanut butter off the traps, and taunts Brian. He says he feels like the old lady in Ratatouille who shoots holes all through her house. I tiptoe around, peeking around doors waiting for the mouse to jump out and attack me.

4. Camden led worship in the teen youth group for the first time this week. His parents might have been more nervous than he was, but he did a great job. It's so sweet seeing him develop. I would never have had the guts to do this at 14. I don't have the guts to do it at 41 either!

5. The kids had their first cross country meet this week, and we had absolutely no idea what to expect. We certainly didn't anticipate the hundreds of runners and parents! The kids both beat their own personal times by quite a lot (3 minutes for Rory and 2 minutes for Camden). Camden finished 17th out of 37 and Rory finished 39 out of 57. I think they both felt pretty energized and good about their run. I am so proud of their hard work. Running all these miles week after week is not my idea of a good time, but they've done it with very little complaint or prodding from us.

Untitled

Untitled

Bonus: Rory announced at supper Monday night that she and a few friends had given up sweets and sugar for the rest of the cross country season. As she was eating dessert.

Our weekend is not off to a great start as Rory came home with a high fever and an asthmatic cough. She's seeing the doctor tomorrow. Our Saturday doesn't have a single item penciled in (except for Rory's appointment), and we're all looking forward to it. Not that we won't be working around the house trying to finish up a dozen tasks, but it is wonderful to have a free day. Happy weekend!

Comments

Monica said…
Wow! I'm impressed with anyone who runs. Praying Rory is better!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5