Five on Friday (March 3, 2017)
The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh every morning.
I say to myself, "the Lord is my inheritance,
therefore, I will hope in him!"
1. We celebrated 9 years of Rory on Wednesday. I ran across our airport pictures and here are two of my favs. I couldn't help but be struck by how blessed our family is. Not just with the miracle of two children born to another woman in another country all of the way across the world, but with the family and friends who surround us in these moments. The kids always get to choose their favorite meal or restaurant to celebrate, and Rory has made the surprising choice of Buffalo Wild Wings so I guess we'll be eating wings over the weekend.
2. I have to say our Hello, Fresh meals were a complete success. I have some credits from some of you who ordered a box using my referral link so we'll definitely do it again. If you'd like to give it a try and receive $40 off your box, I'd love it if you use my referral info.
3. Speaking of referral links (clearly, I have spent lots of time seeking out retail therapy this week), I received a free month-long subscription to Rocksbox and it is so fun! For $19/month, you receive 3 pieces of higher end jewelry to wear. Swap out as often as you'd like in a month's time. Use the code MELISSALBFF40 for your own free month. No commitment required! Here's what I received for my first shipment (the Kendra Scott necklace is the perfect size and length). I plan to wear these over the weekend then return Monday for another 3 pieces to try (free shipping both ways, btw).
4. Although I usually enjoy reading books by Jodi Piccoult, it's been several years since I've picked one up. I grabbed her newest book, Small Great Things, earlier this week and haven't put it down. It has been a complete page-turner, and I can't wait to see how the story wraps up.
5. The past 7-10 days have been tough physically (for instance, my bp was 144/101 Wednesday although it came down to normal after I had seen Dr. C). Fortunately, our schedule has been light during these days. I am consistently amazed at the meals that find their way to my kitchen, and this week has been no exception. Next week is my chemo-free week, and I am really looking forward to no chemo and doctor-free days!
Tonight we are celebrating both Camden and Rory's family day at the Toby Mac concert. You know live music is my all-time favorite thing so I may be more excited than anyone. I rested all day yesterday and today in an effort to conserve energy, and I am so looking forward to sharing this experience with them. Happy weekend, friends.