Faithful

And I am sure of this, 
that he who began a good work in you 
will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." Phil. 1:6

God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful. I Thess. 5:24

I burst into tears this morning. And while tears may flow a little more frequently these days, literally bursting into tears is unheard of! The verse I listed above cut right into the heart of the burdens we're all carrying these days. If you're a parent, God will be faithful to complete that good work you're doing. God will be faithful to complete the good work of your marriage. He'll be faithful to help me complete the good work of living with this cancer diagnosis and the challenges it brings.

As I was finishing up these verses and a good cry, my phone beeped with my Vanderbilt appointment reminders for next week. Not. a. coincidence.

My tears suggest I needed the word of encouragement more than I knew. And now I have Mandisa's lyrics where she uses this verse as a bridge in Stronger ringing in my ears. Maybe you need to hear it too?

I'll try to be back tomorrow with a life update.

Comments

Katie said…
You're a very strong woman and an inspiration to many people.
Ramsh said…
I just wanted to let you know that, although I almost never comment, I read all your posts and think about you and your family frequently.
Thinking of you Melissa and your family & remembering you all in prayer every day.

Melissa, your strong faith and your willingness to share your faith through your blog has really encouraged me as our family has grappled with 2 cancer diagnoses since 2012. My faith has been sorely tested & sometimes I have felt so confused but time & time again, the verses that you share and/or how you speak of your love of our Lord has been such a blessing. Thank you with all my heart ♥♥♥

Jocelyn x
Unknown said…
I "ditto" what Ramsh wrote, and I keep you in my daily prayers, Melissa! Love to you and your sweet family!
Judy Bailey

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5