Our first week of the new year was both busy and restful (thanks to an unexpected day and a half off of school thanks to the weather). I spent 2 days at Vanderbilt this week, but had good company for the second day at least. The highlights of the week:
1. After 2 years of hunting (unsuccessfully), Camden killed Bambi (and her best friend) Sunday. This is so not my thing. In fact, I may have been known to have very ugly feelings about pictures of my 2-year-old with dead deer. However, it's in my husband's genes and something he shares with his dad and now his son; I can rejoice with him. Reluctantly.
2. Rory had a little girl's afternoon with our friends Kinsley and Kylah; they are sweet to include her and probably don't realize how important it made her feel.
3. Tuesday night we decided to end Christmas break by going to see Sing. It was completely adorable and a great distraction.
4. Distraction because - I had a nasty reaction to the Taxol last week; I continue to have pain in my side and found out that this week it's because I have a tumor pressing on my ribcage. Not fun. On the plus side, I can take those pain meds Dr. C prescribed me back in November without feeling guilt, and I'm currently living on pain meds (Tylenol for when I'm out and about; the real stuff for the rest of the time). I waited about 2 days too long to shave my head and spent the latter part of the week shedding like a dog. It's gone now and I'm not happy about it, but I still say that waiting to be bald is harder than actually being bald. My sweet hair stylist did her best to make it a non-traumatic experience for me and then I ended up hugging her because she was crying. :) Turns out debuting a cancer look is just as traumatic the second time around. I find myself avoiding all eye contact and just wanting to retreat back home. It's all fine and won't feel so important this time tomorrow.
5. This ginormous edible arrangement landed on our doorstep this week and was delicious!