Five on Friday (Jan. 13, 2017)

DSC_4016

DSC_4008

DSC_4047

1. We ended up with a snow day last Friday, which was a great time for p.j.'s, drinking coffee and doing a whole lot of nothing. There's just something about a snow day that gives permission to relax.

2. Busy schedule this week: work, basketball games, Literacy Night for Brian, church, parenting class, first week back to Bible Study, doctor's appointments, etc. While I maneuvered through the busy week fairly well, I was flat out dragging by the end of the day. I have been asleep by 9:00 every night (and watched the same episode four nights in a row because I fall asleep immediately) and up by 4:30 every morning.

3. This was my week off chemo, but I still had a full day of appointments Wednesday. Brian took off work to be with me, and we had time for breakfast at Marche, which has been on my "to do" list for several years now. The croissant french toast lived up to it's reputation.

4. I connected recently with some friends over books (hello, Brandy, Christine, and Laura Beth), and it was fun! On the reading front, Laura Beth loaned her copy of Between the World and Me. I began reading and immediately knew I was going to have to take this one slow to absorb it all. I abandoned The Cuckoo's Calling for the third and final time. I'm about 50 pages into Hillbilly Elegy and it's different than I expected, but interesting.

5. Our weekend plans include The Compassion Experience tonight and maybe La La Land Saturday with friends. Brian is presiding over a wedding Sunday afternoon.

Happy Friday!

Comments

Vicky said…
My thoughts, my prayers, my good wishes have been with you daily. I'm always encouraged to see how "fully" you live, despite how hard I know it is. Love and prayers to you~
What a week! I'd be dragging too and you have so many more reasons than I, my friend!!! This reminds me that I need to email you my list! I finished! (Well, almost...) You also just made me feel way better about not getting through "Cuckoo's Calling" when I attempted it... twice. Now. Do I need to be worried about the fact that I also have "Hillbilly Elegy" on my list?! {EEK.}

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5