Saturday Musings (May 25, 2019)

Since I never seem to finish up a blog post for Five on Friday, let's give Saturday morning a shot!

Untitled

Untitled

Week #2 of summer 2019 is complete, and after a crazy May, couple of months, year, our schedule has come to a screeching halt. For comparison, I only filled the car up with gas once this week while my norm throughout the rest of the year is 2-3 times. The kids are reading, sleeping, and consuming TV. No doubt our schedule will pick up again, but for now, the kids are professional couch potatoes and I'm trying not to feel guilty about all the downtime. Why do I feel bad about a slow schedule? Busyness is such a way of life that it somehow feels wrong to have white space in our calendar. It's not, by the way. A slow season is restorative if we let it be.

Brian is in Uganda for 2 weeks, which feels all kind of strange. After 22 years of marriage, it just doesn't feel right without him. Because our church is made up primarily of military families, I cannot complain about having my husband out of pocket for a mere 14 days. But it sure seems like a long time.

I spent the morning browsing the many summer reading lists being released, adding books to my lengthy "to be read" list. Here are several to get you started: MMD 2019 summer reading list, How Sweet Eats summer reading, and MMD new summer lit. Camden and Rory are inhaling books faster than I check them out from the library. Several favorites from the last couple of weeks:

I enjoyed this blog post: To the Middle Season Mama in May.

Thanks to a Mother's Day gift, I had a facial yesterday (only the second one ever) and it was delightful. 

The kids and I are going to see the brand new Aladdin movie with my mom this afternoon, and I can't wait. Have a great Memorial Day weekend, friends.

Untitled


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5