September Recap

Well, I knew it had been a while since I last checked in here but I didn't know that it was over a month ago. . . A solid clue that life is overflowing with busyness. I can't possibly record everything from the past month in a short list so let's go with the highlights.

Rory turned 12! We celebrated 2 weekends in a row with a family party one Friday and a sleepover the following Friday. She requested a lemon cake for the second year in a row (notable because she doesn't like lemon). Her birthday list included Chacos, a lamp, gift card (to anywhere), and a Fit Bit. While she didn't get a Fit Bit, she did get everything else on the list plus an aquarium, fish, mascara, lip gloss, and a heated brush.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Camden also had a sleepover and this is how tired he was when I picked him up.

Untitled

For the 5th September in a row, I headed to the D6 Conference (it's my 4th year to work). This year we traveled to Greensboro, NC, the week after Hurricane Florence hit. The conference was a success and flew by in a whirlwind 4 days of work, work, and more work. Brian was with me this year and I thoroughly enjoyed those few days away together even though we were with 1200 of our closest friends and co-workers. Brian was a speaker this year, not just an attendee, and I am so proud of him!

Untitled

Untitled

My parents and Brian's parents split kid duty while we were in NC. 

Untitled

This week marked yet another 8-week check-in with my oncologist. I continue to struggle with chemo hangover as Dr. C puts it. Seven and a half years is a long time to live with cancer and some days I feel every minute of it. My CA-125 inched up yet again. The growth is ever so slight and I'm trying to forget about it.

Rory has been spending Monday afternoons at cross country meets and has improved on her time every week. I am so proud of her and she is so proud of herself! Last week she set a goal of breaking 20 minutes and her final time was 19:10 for a 2-mile cross country run.

Untitled

(official proofs)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Fall break began Wednesday afternoon for the kids; Brian's fall break begins next week. I am taking a couple of days off over the course of the 2 weeks and we're already enjoying the slower pace.

Happy Weekend!

Comments

Just the other day I was thinking about you and the family! Glad to hear you are MIA due to a very busy season... not for other reasons! Sounds like while busy, it’s also full of joy! (Almost full at least.) I’m desperately in need of getting back in the writing routine myself... so I understand how the time can just fly by... But I miss your posts!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5