Favorites

A few recent favorites:

Evicted by Matthew Desmond: I finished in less than a week despite a hefty 400+ page count. It is profoundly sad and gives an insider look into poverty and housing in America. I gave it 5 stars.

We've been reading Tattoos on the Heart by Gregory Boyle out loud together as a family for the past 4-6 weeks. Well, I cry through it and then pass it over to Brian to read.

The Ministry of Ordinary Places is Shannan Martin's second book, and I am so honored to be on her launch team again. Have you ever seen a prettier book? I underlined, highlighted, and marked up the pages because there were so many things to remember. I believe there's still time to receive pre-order goodies if you order TODAY. Here's one of my favorite quotes: "Do we care enough to love those around us as though we really belong to each other? And can we dare to believe these small gestures of specific care and well-timed warmth are enough to alter the path of mankind?


Untitled


I really enjoyed this interview with Kwame Alexander, a YA author. Camden and I are loving the audio version of his first book.

Loving this lipstick color and formula. Can't beat $7 either!

My favorite perfume from 8 years ago is back on the market and I snatched it up right away. It's perfectly warm and spicy and just right for fall.

Two weeks ago I cooked up 6 pounds of ground beef for the freezer. I cannot believe how much simpler my evenings have been with that one little task completed ahead of time. Here's an easy recipe for taco spaghetti which is a new favorite.

My least favorite thing? We're setting heat records IN OCTOBER. I am so ready for fall weather, and I believe it is finally going to arrive by the end of the week.

My favorite thing? Brian and the kids are on fall break this week. I took off last Thursday and will take off this Thursday as well. While the days and weeks surrounding fall break have been insane, Thursday we simply lounged together, read books, watched the latest The Voice episode, and met Brian for lunch.

I love these lounging pictures so much.
Untitled




Happy Fall Break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel