Five on Friday (June 22, 2018)

For the Lord your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords. He is the great God, the mighty and awesome God, who shows no partiality and cannot be bribed. He ensures that orphans and widows receive justice. He shows love to the foreigners living among you and gives them food and clothing. So you, too, must show love to foreigners, for you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt. -Deuteronomy 10:17-19

The Lord protects the foreigners among us. He cares for the orphans and widows, but he frustrates the plans of the wicked. -Psalms 146:9

1. Brian, Camden, and Rory have been at camp all week, which means I have had all the quiet time in the world. Brian was the camp director; it's Rory's age group, and Camden was just along for the ride. I've heard so many good reports about Camden's servant spirit this week, and it makes me so happy.

While they were gone, I accomplished absolutely nothing and would be embarrassed to admit how much TV I consumed. The food situation is also embarrassing. Because I wasn't about to cook, I literally ate carrot sticks and Twizzlers for supper one night and Golden Grahams with no milk for supper another evening. Yesterday I had a BLT for a late breakfast/early lunch. It's possible I had ice cream (in small amounts) nearly every day.

2. Rory came home from camp with an ugly reaction to a wasp sting. She also came home with tales of two dates to the bonfire. It makes me laugh. Two boys asked her to be their date and so she told them how fun it would be to go as a group. (She went to Brian for counsel on this, for which I am thankful.)

Untitled


3. Because Sunday was especially busy with Brian preaching both services and needing to leave for camp, we rushed through Father's Day celebrations. But look at the notes my kiddos wrote to Brian. I don't know how the words made him feel, but I cried.

Untitled

4. I took advantage of my day off on Wednesday and spent the morning shopping with my mom and sister. It was a lovely time even though I purchased exactly nothing.

5. When the world feels like it's falling apart (or your president starts separating children from their parents), it is easy to feel helpless. Or at least that's how I felt this week. So for the first time in my life, I contacted my senators and representatives asking them to make a change. It's not much, but it's something. Only one responded, btw.

*****

This weekend is full of camp laundry which is no small task. Rory's towels and bedding came home soaked in mud and rocks. Liz, Addison, and my parents are coming over for popcorn and a movie tonight (Wakanda forever!). Sunday the church is choosing (or not choosing) Brian as pastor, which is quite significant, and then a game night at church Sunday evening. Next week's schedule is pretty bare bones, so I might need to look for some family fun activities. Happy Weekend, friends.

(He laid down on the couch to watch a soccer game as soon as he arrived home from camp. Two minutes later and he was out cold for the next 3 hours. Brian fell asleep even more quickly, but I had to convince Rory she needed a nap.)
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Comments

Joan B said…
No matter what else happens tomorrow, next week, next year, etc. you have done your job. Those notes evidence amazing kids and parenting
I’ve got you all in my thoughts this morning! XOXO

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5