Fun Friday

Only the good stuff here today.


This Christmas video has made me laugh all 3 times I've watched it.


Our annual work Christmas party was Tuesday, and it may have been my favorite one so far. So. many. laughs. And I walked away with a $50 Amazon gift card!

Today is Brian's last day of school for 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure this is his second favorite day of the entire year.

The kids both won spelling bees this week. Here's the thing. Rory worked so hard studying after school for the past 3 weeks. Really, so much studying. Camden literally said the words "there's too much to learn to even try." But he still won. How do I teach him that studying is necessary when he can win and make straight A's with no effort. College is going to hit hard I'm afraid. We had a family spelling bee earlier this week and I am the true Lewis family spelling champion. Rory's studying paid off, however, and I only won by 2 words.

We have two friends hosting orphans this Christmas and I am so excited for them I can hardly stand it. My heart also breaks as I think about those two little ones returning to their country still as orphans.

With the exception of an eye appointment next week for my monthly hyper dilation, I am doctor free for 2 weeks.

Sometimes you just need coffee, a cinnamon roll the size of your head, and a 3-hour chat with an old friend. We've managed to let an entire 6 months pass by without a chat so we had a whole lot of catching up to do. 

Untitled

Basketball game tonight, Rory has a little outing with a church friend tomorrow morning, and next week is about as full as it gets. We've been reading our Christmas Advent and putting our focus on "remembering" and "anticipating" the birth of Christ. Happy Friday!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5