Five on Friday (November 10, 2017)

A final word: be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.
For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies,
but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world,
against mighty powers in this dark world and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy
in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. -Eph. 6:10-13

1. This has been a difficult, stressful, don't want to repeat anytime soon kind of week. Betrayed and weary would actually be an honest description of how the adults feel today. Not coincidentally, my daily scripture writing theme this month is strength. God is sweet to provide encouragement ahead of the time we actually need it. I'm wearing my "But if not" t-shirt I received from Becky for my birthday this morning. The blog post explaining the shirt is worth reading.

2. Chemo this week was a full-day event. As usual. I really need to lower my expectations for these days because I am forever thinking the multi-step process will proceed on schedule, and I will have time left over for errands or coffee or work. A bright spot was having my favorite nurse back. Kris is a delight and I love catching up with her. While nurse assignments are random, I have been lucky enough to have her nearly half the time.

3. Last night was the first basketball game of the season. Camden had some playing time and chalked up an assist, several defensive rebounds, and 2 steals. It's incredible how in one year his body matured and those long arms no longer flail about but move with purpose. New this year is the requirement that players dress up, as in actual dress shirts and dress shoes on game days. Camden had none of these items, of course, so we had a shopping trip Tuesday that could only be described as stressful. I plan to return to online shopping and returns as soon as possible.

I noticed that Camden looked a little puny on the basketball floor and when we got home, he was running a high fever. You know he's sick when he literally shivers his way through supper and doesn't eat. So we're convalescing together today as I am also not well. He's missing Tip-Off tonight which is the school's official opening ceremonies for basketball season. His coach signed him up for the 3-point competition, and I think he is simultaneously sad and relieved to be unable to participate.

DSC_7217

4. Sunday is my birthday and it's kind of fun to see all the birthday coupons and rewards roll in. I've cashed in my Sephora and Cold Stone Creamery rewards so far.

5. I leave for Greensboro bright and early Monday morning for the annual work planning retreat (my first trip to NC I believe). This means lots of juggling of kids and schedules. I'm so thankful to have my parents a mere 15 minutes away. 

The weekend includes Veterans Day parade (our church has a float), birthday party (Rory's friend), moving my grandparents in with my parents (yes, a second set of grandparents), and then a birthday dinner Sunday with parents, grandparents, and the rest of the family.

Veteran's Day chapel at school
Untitled

Our very own Daniel from 180 speaking to the students
Untitled

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5