Five on Friday (October 6, 2017)

Untitled

1. October is my absolute favorite month of the year. The weather is officially cooling off, humidity is down, leaves are turning yellow and orange and red. The schedule stays busy, but there's room for an extra breath or two. This year October brings fall break and tickets to see John Crist and Crowder, more cross country and the beginning of basketball.

2. I'm certainly not used to reporting such good news 3 scans in a row, but last week's scan  shows a 24% decrease in cancer tumors and my CA125 is 30. Crazy!

Unfortunately, I have been experiencing significant hand/feet issues and we're taking a little chemo break. I will continue to take the trial drug via pill, but will be skipping my Taxol infusion. Dr. C will re-evaluate on a week to week basis. I'm guessing it will be a couple of weeks before I return to my full schedule. You will not find me complaining about this break.

3. I am nearly 42, but have never experienced a wreck before until yesterday. A teenage boy narrowly avoided broadsiding our car (on Rory's side). Instead, he clipped the bumper and we were all unhurt (but sore). Rory was especially shaken up, but we're all safe and the car can most likely be fixed. My dad was fairly close by and was able to come wait with us. I would really like to never experience that again!

We're actually having good conversations with Camden about driving/cars (he can get his permit in less than a year - YIKES!), and this was a perfect opportunity to learn.

Untitled

Untitled

4. Today is Grandparent's Day at PVCS and this year my parents and my grandparents were able to attend. Camden is too old to participate at this point, but Addison's class performed. Rory's school choir also performed. Fall break begins today. Plans are light at this point, but the time off for both Brian and the kids will be nice. I have a regular work and hospital schedule, unfortunately.

Untitled

5. We celebrated Rory's birthday over the weekend at my mom and dad's. She asked for a lemon pound cake; both grandmas worked together to fulfill that wish.

DSC_6783

DSC_6762



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5