INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 30, 2017

Choices

After a fun 3-day birthday weekend with Becky, I dropped her off at the airport Sunday morning. Drove myself home, proceeded to become ill and then slept for over 7 hours throughout the day.  Thankfully, as I usually do after a day like yesterday (which happens occasionally; too often to call rare, but not a common occurrence either), I feel like a new woman today.
I will blog more about all the fun things that happened (and the fun food/coffee consumed) over the weekend later. But today I wanted to let you know what's happening Wednesday. 

After 6 weeks off Taxol (and I have a small bit of hair and eyelash growth to prove it), my appointment with the oncologist Wednesday will determine whether I have to take a permanent break from not only from Taxol, but also the clinical trial meds. Selfishly, I just want to be done with it all. I am perfectly satisfied to skip chemo and wait for the cancer to return. I'm ready for hair and eyelashes again. I'm ready to feel better. If the choice were only mine, I would absolutely choose to stop Taxol for good.

Probably not the wisest choice. So the prayer is that my doctor will be wise, the side effects will continue to diminish, and that the best choice will be abundantly clear. 

Untitled

0 comments: