Six on Sunday (May 7, 2017)

First of all, MAY??

Second, I didn't have the opportunity to blog Friday but just couldn't let another week go by without checking in so we're going with Six on Sunday.

1. The fuzz on my head continues to grow; I like to call it my 5 o'clock shadow. It's still up in the air as to whether or not it's going to turn into real hair or if it's just crazy, BUT last week I noticed my eyelashes (which have been gone completely for weeks now) are also growing. It's just fuzz, but it's there.

Untitled

2. My doctor made some changes to some of my medication 2 weeks ago, and I cannot stress how wonderful it has been to take meds twice a day instead of 6. It's not perfect, but so much better. The fact that I need this particular medication is mind-boggling, but I'm just going to focus on the fact that it makes me feel better.

3. Last Friday night Rory competed in our denomination's state competition and won in the Bible memorization category. Tuesday night, both kids were both involved in the school spring concert (which had a 50's theme). These concert nights are always their favorite of the whole year. This past Friday night Camden performed in the end-of-year recital for the music school he attends. Life has been b.u.s.y.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

4. Saturday afternoon, Brian and I resumed our bi-weekly dates. When the school year began back in August, we promised each other to set aside every other Saturday afternoon for "us" but when the craziness of the fall season hit, followed by the holiday season, followed by the cancer season, we quit cold turkey. We're resolving to jump back in even when the time together is a simple coffee date and errands.

Untitled

Untitled

5. Saturday night we attended a version of Cinderella at our alma mater. Live theater is just my favorite.

6. Yesterday afternoon I joined a group of 5 girls (I'm calling them girls because they are all SO young - 41 has never felt more elderly) for a girl's day. We shopped, we ate, we ate some more, and we laughed a whole lot. I came home exhausted physically, but so happy to have spent the day with these girls. Developing new friendships has never come easily for me. Based on the numerous books and podcasts I've seen on this very topic recently, I'm going to assume that it's not just me - it's adult friendships in general. Toss in the ministry aspect and cancer? Well, you can imagine it's been even more difficult. Today was just plain good for my soul.

Untitled

This week we jump right back into chemo in addition to activities nearly every single night (and weekends too). I am thankful for the sunshine and the chance to work from home. I hope you have a lovely week, friends.

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.
If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.
But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm.
But how can one be warm alone?
A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated 
but two can stand back to back and conquer.
Three are even better for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12


Comments

Monica said…
Wow! Camden is doing quite well on the guitar!! Are y'all adding on to your house? Noticed the construction area in the family photo. Glad to hear your meds are on a better schedule, and praying they help!
How do I get so far behind?! Eek! Now... what is your secret to getting all this stuff done?! You accomplish more in a week than I seem to in a MONTH. I need your secret! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5