Five on Friday (April 7, 2017)

It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to the Most High.
It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning,
    your faithfulness in the evening.
Psalm 92:1-2


1. A couple of weeks ago I bought the soundtrack to Hamilton for Camden. Honestly, I thought it would be a shared interest since we were both enthralled with the recent PBS documentary on Lin-Manuel Miranda/Hamilton (Brian and Rory slept through it). What I didn't expect was for Camden and Rory both to latch onto the music and lyrics. They both walk around singing it non-stop. Even better, they sing together, help each other learn lyrics, etc. It's kind of awesome. (What's not awesome is explaining to your 10-year old a few choice words.)

2. I bought (ahem) grown-up undergarments for Rory this week. A milestone for sure.

3. Wednesday afternoon was my regularly scheduled scan (every 2 cycles). My nurse emailed me with general scan results, which were completely uneventful (she finished the email with a "yah!"). No growth and no shrinking. I am choosing not to let myself feel frustrated. It often feels like chemo is completely useless, but there's just no way to know without taking a very big gamble. And even if I did feel disappointed in no shrinkage, I should certainly give thanks for no new growth.

4. I bought false eyelashes, but have yet to successfully put them on. I had such high hopes! YouTube certainly makes it look easy. :)

5. Becky flew to Nashville for a quick spring visit. While I wanted to jam pack it with fun stuff, regular life and my energy level didn't allow for much vacationing. In between doctor's appointments, we window shopped, ate ice cream, drank coffee, and talked make-up. It was over much too quickly, but I'm grateful for the time.

We also had an incredible grilled cheese plate and the best tiramisu milkshake. And coffee from an old favorite (Headquarters) and a new-to-me (Eighth and Roast) shop.

(I had my eyes dilated; hence, the sunglasses indoors.)
Untitled


Untitled

Family game night
Untitled

(Clearly, I didn't post this on Friday)
Life continues to move forward with a full week of work, school, chemo, Easter egg hunts, prep for Easter services, etc. etc. etc. Brian just walked into the room with an excited fist pump because he finished up our taxes this evening (never fun when you're considered self-employed because of the church job; we always owe money). We're going to finish up this week with a little bowl of ice cream and an episode of Speechless (a recent new favorite).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5