We are running full steam ahead this summer. Full Steam. Ahead. It is the busiest summer, hands down, in our 19 years of marriage and 12 years of parenting. Because of the nature of parenting and ministry, we can't control the busy but we are making a strong attempt to choose the busy that matters.
1. We had a church family skating party Sunday night, and I don't know when I've laughed so hard (at others and at myself). Brian and I have not been roller skating since college, which is more years ago than I'd like to remember. The kids have never been skating, and it was pretty much an unmitigated disaster for them. Camden fell so hard and so many times we were worried he was going to seriously injure himself. Two hours in and he was starting to to become a little steadier. Addison kept volunteering her little skate crutch to me. Definitely a fun activity!
2. We chose the all-star busy for Camden this summer, and while I'm not convinced it was our best decision, he is enjoying himself and learning. Parents/coaches/players are s.e.r.i.o.u.s. about their all-star baseball. Who would have ever guessed we would be the least intense parents on the block.
3. We made a trip (with friends) to Mammoth Cave on Wednesday. Camden has recently made a new friend, and we've been so excited for this connection. Unfortunately, DJ is moving away today. Such is the life in a military town. Friends come and go much too quickly.
4. Brian and I ditched the kids and responsibility for a little alone time this afternoon. Of course, that alone time was grocery shopping and running errands but it was kid-free. Sometimes, you've got to take what you can get. Maybe one of these days we'll get back to an actual dinner and movie kind of date.
5. We spent 4 days last week in east Tennessee visiting Brian's family, and it was a perfect Lewis summer reunion. By that I mean, there was a lot of outdoor time, some lake time, many crazy kids, and a whole lot of sitting under the pavilion talking the day away. The kids finished those days completely exhausted, filthy, and all sugared up.
Just a few pictures. The 662 photos I took with my big girl camera haven't made the move to computer yet.
Miley and Rory playing doctor/nurse with Cameron. Notice she is rubbing his back.
The imports as Jessica calls us (a.k.a. the not-Lewis part of the family)
Are they cute or what? Camden is stuck in between the 15-year-old cousin who wanted to be on his phone and the littles who just wanted to play. The littles won out most of the time this trip.
These two are a mess
Because why wouldn't you jump off the top of the boat?
Selfie with Aunt Jessica
We had 2 boats, and it was the best afternoon.
Happy July 4th weekend. I hope it's full of summer fun and relaxation.