Corona Diary #4

(obviously, this is old news; I just never hit publish on this post)

It is increasingly difficult for everyone (adults most definitely included) to get up and moving each morning. Even Brian, who is an extreme morning person, sleeps until nearly 6 (which is unheard of for him). I begin work (from home) each morning at 8 but my standard of what constitutes getting ready for work is lower each week. We might miss a lot of things about our pre-shelter-at-home days, but I cannot be convinced that there is anything better than a slow morning. I will be working from home for the rest of May.

The kids will finish schoolwork Friday and who knows how they will fill their time for the summer since every activity is canceled. I do know that they're ready for a break.

I read two 5-star books last week. The kind you can't quit and whose characters stay with you for days. The first is the One in a Million Boy by Monica Woods. Sad but sweet with a redemption story. The second is Long Bright River by Liz Moore and it couldn't be different. This book is about Kensington, PA, and the opioid crisis, corrupt cops, and sisterhood. I did a deep dive on Kensington and the story is based on true events, including the fact that Kensington is considered the opioid capital. I've enjoyed 2 months of the book of the month and I think I'll hang on while the library is closed. You can use my link here for a discount (and I get a free month).

Brian and the kids cleaned the house for me for Mother's Day which was sweet. We didn't spend Sunday with my mom but we did see her the night before - our new weekend event is to sit around the fire pit with my parents and grandparents.

Untitled

We're watching The Last Dance, of course. I grew up in Illinois and have loved Michael Jordan in a way that I love no other athlete or celebrity since I was 15 or 16. It's been so fun to share the experience with Camden, and I remember SO many of the games the documentary is covering. Brian and I watched MJ and the Bulls win their third championship on our honeymoon. We haven't seen the Survivor finale yet, but it's on the schedule for the weekend. I've loved this season of all winners. I'm hoping to begin a new Korean drama and the family is going to watch, which will be a first.

Our local Starbucks reopened this week and so Brian and Rory made a family run. It was delicious although I do love making my own iced coffee with my Nespresso espresso. The kids have had more coffee in this quarantine than in their entire lives.

I had a haircut last week (my first outing since quarantine began other than a few trips to my parent's house to sit outside). It was wonderful even though we all wore masks, went through a lot of hoops to be safe, and she didn't really do much except snip the ends. It was just good to do something normal.

Okay, final thing. Remember my new computer? I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. Literally, Brian and I have spent hours trying to crack it and I think we're going to have to take the computer somewhere to get it fixed. It's so annoying. And it means I don't have any pictures from my big girl camera to share. But here are a few phone pics.

Untitled

Untitled

My dad has taken the kids on a hike a couple of times.
Untitled



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)