Not Such a Bad Day After All

While Rory chowed down on her pasta with both hands at the supper table tonight, Camden (in his own words), “when I was eating my cherry cheese cake, I asked God into my heart for the first time.” To be honest, we thought he was too young to completely understand, but he’s been asking questions for several weeks now, and tonight he had the longest conversation on one topic that he’s probably ever had, and he asked very good questions and definitely understood what was going on. I don’t know about Brian, but I shed a few tears (although through the laughter – see below). Of course, in typical little boy fashion, the point that stuck out to him the most was that he did it while eating cherry cheese cake. Here are a few funny things that happened throughout the conversation.

  • He says “hell” with the hickest southern accent you’ve ever heard. It has something like three syllables when he says it.

  • He wanted to know specifics of who was in hell and thought we should be naming names.

  • When Brian told him that Jesus died for everyone’s sins, he asked if it was true for “everybody in the America’s and also for the African people.”

  • “But I don’t have any money” said in an incredulous tone when we told him that someone had to pay for our sins.

  • “Awesome” – how he responded when we told him that Jesus took care of our debt for us.

  • “We should have a party” when Brian told him that June 12 was a very big day for him!

  • “I’ll give you a great big bear hug and smile when I see you in heaven. I don’t think Rory will be there, though.”

Comments

Jodi said…
Praise the Lord, Camden! and Mom and Dad...you are doing a great job! I have tears rolling down my face having watched that video. Thanks so much for sharing.
M :-) said…
I have tears streaming down my face. That was so precious. Thank you for sharing this. :)
Anonymous said…
I'm crying too! :) thanks for sharing this! we love you guys!
Angie said…
Thanks for sharing! That is so wonderful. There is no better feeling for a parent than to hear your child pray and ask Jesus into their heart! Praise the Lord!!
Anonymous said…
So sweet! Camden and I have the same spiritual birthday. I prayed that prayer 15 years ago on June 12th. I know you are all so excited! Thanks for sharing. Isn't He good!
Anonymous said…
I, too, cried my way through this video! What a wonderful day for your family. Praise God. Marci
Anonymous said…
i am so hungry for cherry cheesecake. i wished ya'll lived closere so we could see each other more and celebrate these things. Too cool. jon
Anonymous said…
Oh, how wonderful!!! YES God is good!!!
I know you will be away from your internet this week, but I just had to respond. Love to all, gma Elledge

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel