Five on Friday (February 5, 2021)

Camden's in the thick of basketball season and is gone for the third Friday night in a row. When Camden is gone, I entertain Rory with movies that he will not enjoy--Hairspray, Emma, You've Got Mail, and The Devil Wears Prada--and Brian takes her out for ice cream. On tonight's agenda is Julia and Julia. 

Untitled

A couple of weeks ago, Camden gathered with a small group of friends at the local funeral home to watch WandaVision together. Yes, a funeral home - owned/operated by a classmate's family. It was a good place to spread out but still be together. We're still laughing about it.

Rory is hoping to play soccer this spring. In fact, she had her first workout this afternoon. It's hard to know how Covid will affect schedules. Basketball has certainly been full of stops and starts, but since Camden had Covid in November there's a certain level of comfort that comes with having Covid off the table. That concern starts all over again with Rory and the soccer team.

My oncology team tells me that I should be able to receive the first dose of the vaccine in the near future, and it can't come quickly enough. I continue to work from home, order groceries from home, and generally miss out on everything that happens outside home. Because of stricter attendance guidelines, I did get to see Camden play basketball for the first time this season. I'll admit to feeling quite a few butterflies, but the gym was nearly empty and I wore my N95 mask. The team isn't having much success but I LOVED seeing Camden do something he enjoys so much.  Unfortunately, his back continues to give him trouble and I've made it my personal mission to make sure he is icing and heating appropriately. I just hate that a bad back is something he's dealing with at such a young age. He certainly takes a beating out on the basketball court. 

Untitled

Untitled

We bought Camden a suit a couple of weekends ago and pick it up tomorrow. I can't wait to see it on him although it's hard to believe he's old enough to need a suit.

A few 2021 favorites:

  • Food: I can't purchase enough tortillas and hummus to keep Camden happy. He eats them after school and after practice every day. I never imagined an apple as a food favorite, but cosmic crisp apples are amazing. And we're all hooked on Golly G's shake with a shot of espresso (cookie dough is my favorite).
  • TV: Monk (family), Psych (kids), Cobra Kai (the nostalgia is real for me and Brian, but too much language for the kids), Ted Lasso (me), Black List (Brian) and Longmire (me). I would be embarrassed to list the number of shows I've binged during the second half of quarantine.
  • Books: I started 2021 off strong with 7 books but my favorite of the group was Dominicana by Angie Cruz. 
  • Air Pods Pro - we all used Christmas money to purchase Air Pods (everyone but Rory bought the Pros) and I never knew what I was missing. We love them so much!
Untitled

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel