Five on Friday (February 12, 2021)

1. I cannot be convinced that there is anything better in January/February than a snow day. Because of a little ice on the north side of Nashville, Brian and the kids had a snow day Thursday. I did not have a snow day, BUT I was home at least and could enjoy having us all together. Of course, it seems I never leave home (because I don't), but with Brian and Camden's busy schedules, it feels much too rare to be together with little to do. 

Untitled

Untitled

2. And here's a good reason why a snow day came in handy. In a 5-day period this week, Camden had 3 basketball games, a science fair project and accompanying 10-page paper due, a virtual choir competition, an in-person small group ensemble and drama competition, a chiro appointment, not to mention just the regular academic requirements of being a junior in all honors classes. Here's what I know: my high school schedule didn't look like this.

Untitled

Untitled

3. Annual Super Bowl party this past Sunday - Rory was sneezing/coughing so she stayed home out of an abundance of caution, and I came home to join her after the first quarter. I was rooting for Tom Brady so the night was good to me.

Untitled

4. On these cold winter days, we've got several favorite coffee deliveries. We've been subscribed to Trade Coffee for nearly 2 years and consistently receive 2 bags of freshly roasted beans from local roasters all over the U.S. As quarantine began last March and we stopped being able to visit our favorite local spots, I knew we weren't going to survive without more coffee. I literally googled coffee subscriptions and found a local coffee shop in Baltimore with free shipping and good reviews. And now we receive 2 bags of Thesis every 6 weeks. Our third and final coffee delivery isn't a subscription but is my favorite coffee and I just wait for a free shipping coupon to order: Blend B from Sunergos in Louisville (we've actually been to this coffee shop in person). Sunergos also has a great cold brew concentrate you can order in the summer. Unfortunately, both kids have developed a taste for good coffee. I can't blame them.

5. After MONTHS of not sleeping, I have slept like a rock every single night this week. Brian says I cannot jinx myself by saying something out loud, but it feels possible I can so I'm writing it instead. 

Happy weekend, friends. We're looking for a little more winter weather in the coming days, kids are out of school Monday for President's Day, and I have fresh flowers on my kitchen table and chocolate in the pantry which must mean Valentine's Day is near.


Comments

Unknown said…
I’ve missed the o’le blog!
Rory Lewis said…
The snow day was nice for me, too!
VinGirl said…
After the farmer that grew our favorite beans retired, we went on a search for coffee subscriptions too. We really like the Double Dead, and Deadman's Reach from Raven's Brew. We also have a subscription to Kalamazoo Coffee's club, and our favorite is the Honduran Pacavita from Euphoria Coffee Co. Both of these companies ship in 5 lb. quantities, which does my heart good. :P In case you want to try some more. :)
Ryan Lisa said…
My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr. Omola pure herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was to try the Protocol, thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by a Instagram friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of Herpes virus. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, within 2 week I was fully cured from Herpes. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great doctor contact with you all email him dr.omolaherbalhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348118116254 you won't regret it, I promise.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)