I hope everyone's Easter weekend was as lovely as ours. We attended a Good Friday service Friday night; I was able to escape the house for a short time and get a new haircut Saturday and Camden had (yet another) baseball practice. Sunday was church, an egg hunt after church and then a relaxed afternoon at Gram and Gramp's house. I could have skipped dressing Camden and Rory up since I failed to get any decent pictures of them in their coordinating-but-not-matching Easter Sunday outfits (see previous post). :) I did manage to get a few of them just having a good time at Gram and Gramp's house so I'm going to just be okay with that (and maybe dress them up another time for one more try).
It's possible these two have been in front of a camera before since they did this for us with no prompting.
Definitely the best picture I've taken of these four
Cute baby goat
She was mad that she didn't get to be the pitcher Playing catcher Holding the baby goat
Feeding the baby goat
And, seriously, that's about all I got - no Easter pics.
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Heb. 4:16 1. On Tuesday Rory went on a field trip to the state capitol building and a TN history museum. She came home with a surprising number of facts regarding bayonets and guns. Their guide did an excellent job explaining to the class because she retained so much information! Of course, because she has an older brother who has been to the same museum during his own 4th-grade year, she had to contend with all of his corrections (his recollection of the facts were slightly different than hers). Bless that child. She has the patience of Job. 2. Because recovering from chemo is not happening as quickly as I would like, I made a point to focus on rest as a form of self-care this week. Those precious moments at the end of the day when everyone is asleep and there are no demands on my time or attention (because I am the last one awake ...
Dear friends of Melissa, This is Melissa's sister Becky updating her blog. I wanted so much to be able to bring the best news from today, but unfortunately, we did not get the report from her surgery that we were wanting. The surgery was much more extensive than they had originally planned and they have given her a diagnosis of stage 3 ovarian cancer. The surgeons were able to remove the majority of the cancer and encouraged us that our immediate focus is to get her recovered from this surgery and then we will look ahead to treatment plans. While we are most assuredly disappointed, we know that God is good. Please continue to pray for her, for Brian and their family. Right now, we are simply waiting to even see her. Pray for Brian as he shares the results from the surgery and that somehow they would be able to rest tonight. I will try to update again tomorrow. Thank you so much for your prayers and love for Melissa and her family. ...
Last night was Camden's kindergarten graduation, and I'm fairly certain I have never seen him so excited. He literally did not stop talking and explaining about the program and graduation from the moment I picked him up from school until we dropped him off at his classroom before the graduation began. The two kindergarten classes had a combined program. Camden had a speaking part and then there were 7 songs. He knew every single word to everyone's parts and could recite them all. Both teachers commented on how well he knew the whole program. It completely cracks me up because he is fairly quiet in person, but he loves to do programs on stage. I feel like this is a glimpse into my future. They both look quite mature in their dress-up clothes. Uncle Michael and Aunt Liz Gram and Gramps Us :) Mrs. Lawrence, his very sweet teacher Tre, one of his best buddies. I hope they're friends for a very long time. At Wendy's after it was all over He won an award for a 100% in...
Comments
And I love Rory's yellow dress - beautiful!