One of these days I will find the time to edit and post our travel pictures from this summer. For now, here are two of my favorites that I grabbed on the run this week.
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Heb. 4:16 1. On Tuesday Rory went on a field trip to the state capitol building and a TN history museum. She came home with a surprising number of facts regarding bayonets and guns. Their guide did an excellent job explaining to the class because she retained so much information! Of course, because she has an older brother who has been to the same museum during his own 4th-grade year, she had to contend with all of his corrections (his recollection of the facts were slightly different than hers). Bless that child. She has the patience of Job. 2. Because recovering from chemo is not happening as quickly as I would like, I made a point to focus on rest as a form of self-care this week. Those precious moments at the end of the day when everyone is asleep and there are no demands on my time or attention (because I am the last one awake ...
Last night was Camden's kindergarten graduation, and I'm fairly certain I have never seen him so excited. He literally did not stop talking and explaining about the program and graduation from the moment I picked him up from school until we dropped him off at his classroom before the graduation began. The two kindergarten classes had a combined program. Camden had a speaking part and then there were 7 songs. He knew every single word to everyone's parts and could recite them all. Both teachers commented on how well he knew the whole program. It completely cracks me up because he is fairly quiet in person, but he loves to do programs on stage. I feel like this is a glimpse into my future. They both look quite mature in their dress-up clothes. Uncle Michael and Aunt Liz Gram and Gramps Us :) Mrs. Lawrence, his very sweet teacher Tre, one of his best buddies. I hope they're friends for a very long time. At Wendy's after it was all over He won an award for a 100% in...
I have traumatized Rory by taking her through the automatic car wash (imagine how dirty our car was if this was the first time she's been through one). She sobbed and sobbed, "get me outta here" and "I just wanna go home." When we finally finished, she said, "pleeeaaasse don't ever wash the car again." I tried to be compassionate, but mostly I was hiding a smile. Camden informed us he was going on a date with Renya (a girl from his class) at 9:00 on Saturday. Apparently, she asked him to go to Opry Mills mall with her, but he thought Chucky Cheese would be more fun and "at least one adult will go with us, of course." He also informed me on the way to school this morning that way back in K-4, there were actually 2 girls he liked. I'm sorry, when did he turn 16? In about 48 hours time, we've had buckets of rain, 60 degree weather, a tornado, 30 degree weather, snow, lots of wind. Yep, it's January in Tennessee. It's homecomi...
Comments